Chief of Staff
Did you know that 1 in 5 Medicare members who are eligible for critical healthcare subsidies that could save them thousands of dollars are not enrolled in them? And, as Medicare members, are increasingly dissatisfied with their coverage options? 16% of Medicare members change their coverage within a year and close to 50% change plans within 5 years.
Uno Health is a tech-enabled service that enrolls Medicare individuals into many of the financial programs they're eligible for - such as SNAP and Utility Assistance - unlocking thousands of dollars for some of the most vulnerable Americans. And the best part? Uno is free to use for the member and is paid for by the Medicare plan. The extra cash leads to improved health outcomes and savings for all, and a subset of programs unlock ~20% in direct revenue for their Medicare insurers. Uno is the solution to the growing dissatisfaction among Medicare members.
Founders Anna de Paula Hanika and Chloe Phitoussi were inspired by first-hand experience in their previous roles at healthcare startups developing programs which aimed to improve people's health outcomes while balancing the financial incentives of the insurance plan. Uno’s investors include Google Ventures, General Catalyst, Floodgate and Cowboy Ventures and other healthcare and technology leaders.
We are at a pivotal time, both for our growth as a company and for the healthcare system as a whole, with lots of pressures being applied to our members and customers. Come join our team and help us in our mission to enable the best health coverage for the lowest cost to the most people!
About the Role
We are looking for a rockstar Chief of Staff who will work closely with the founder and CEO, Anna de Paula Hanika, to take Uno to the next level. You will manage critical business operational processes including: strategic planning processes (e.g., annual and quarterly OKR planning), managing planning and preparation for meetings and communication with our Board of Directors and investors, and helping drive some of Uno’s biggest strategic initiatives forward successfully. This is a highly strategic Chief of Staff role and is critical for Uno to scale through our next phase of growth!
Additional Role Responsibilities:
- You will design and run a strategic planning process, including biannual strategic planning, quarterly OKR development and annual budgeting in collaboration with finance.
- You will develop the reporting and processes to hold the team accountable to its goals and key metrics, proactively identify risks of not meeting goals, and collaborate with the executive team and beyond to mitigate as needed.
- You will develop the strategy, processes, and procedures for managing investor relations, including quarterly board meetings, and support developing the content for these sessions and associated communication.
- You will manage Uno’s ‘Rhythm of the Business’ e.g., weekly metrics review, OKR check ins, strategic planning, coordinating across cross-functional leadership to execute on reporting tasks and collaborate through strategic planning.
- You will collaborate with Uno’s Head of People to ensure Uno’s leadership and management teams are highly effective and Uno’s resources are staffed appropriately to the right priorities.
- You will work with the CEO on various strategic initiatives as they arise.
Qualifications and Skills
Must Have Skills and Experience:
- Experience running executive operational processes.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams (ideally at executive level) to high stakes outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills, especially written.
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong forward planning, always thinking ten steps ahead.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong emotional intelligence (EQ), with experience interacting with executive leadership.
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with SQL.
- Experience working at a high-growth start-up in a Chief of Staff capacity.
You may be a good fit for this role if you…
- Have a desire to improve the livelihoods of millions of Americans who are among the most in need.
- Are excited to learn about what it takes to run and grow a fast-growing start up!
- Have experience in consulting and/or finance.
- Are a self-starter who enjoys working cross-functionally with different teams to reach a common company goal.
Pay, Perks & Benefits at Uno!
- Pay Rate: New York City: $160K to $180K + Equity Option Potential.
- Location: New York City.
- Hybrid work environment: At least 2 days in the office and 3 days WFH (flexible)
- Time Off: 25d vacation / 7d sick / 11 paid company holidays - 1 floating holiday.
- Benefits: Competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans, and 401(k).
- Growth: Several opportunities for advancement both in leveling up, working on special projects, and learning & development opportunities.
- Start-Up Environment: Add on to our amazing company culture and bring your past experience to further evolve your career. Great opportunity to be a part of growing a mission-driven company as we expand to a new geography for the first time!
Uno Health’s Dedication to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Uno is committed to always pursue greater Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in our hiring practices. To achieve Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at Uno, we are cognizant of the backgrounds that are underrepresented in our industry and society, and actively work towards achieving more inclusive hiring standards and more equitable outcomes specifically for people from those backgrounds. We currently collect optional demographic information from candidates at the application stage in order to allow us to measure outcomes of people from underrepresented backgrounds in our hiring process. Identifying information about a candidate will never be shared externally and will only be used for the purpose of Uno measuring its levels of representation.
Uno Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, educational background, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Uno encourages people from all backgrounds to apply to this role!
Please note: Uno Health interview requests and job offers only originate from hiuno.com email addresses (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Uno Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Uno Health, please notify us at: email@example.com