Did you know that 1 in 5 Medicare members who are eligible for critical healthcare subsidies that could save them thousands of dollars are not enrolled in them? And, as Medicare members, are increasingly dissatisfied with their coverage options? 16% of Medicare members change their coverage within a year and close to 50% change plans within 5 years.
Uno Health is a tech-enabled service that enrolls Medicare individuals into many of the financial programs they're eligible for - such as SNAP and Utility Assistance - unlocking thousands of dollars for some of the most vulnerable Americans. And the best part? Uno is free to use for the member and is paid for by the Medicare plan. The extra cash leads to improved health outcomes and savings for all, and a subset of programs unlock ~20% in direct revenue for their Medicare insurers. Uno is the solution to the growing dissatisfaction among Medicare members.
Founders Anna de Paula Hanika and Chloe Phitoussi were inspired by first-hand experience in their previous roles at healthcare startups developing programs which aimed to improve people's health outcomes while balancing the financial incentives of the insurance plan. Uno’s investors include Google Ventures, General Catalyst, Floodgate and Cowboy Ventures and other healthcare and technology leaders.
We are at a pivotal time, both for our growth as a company and for the healthcare system as a whole, with lots of pressures being applied to our members and customers. Come join our team and help us in our mission to enable the best health coverage for the lowest cost to the most people!
About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated sales leader with demonstrated experience closing complex business deals ($1M+) and a deep knowledge of Medicare Advantage to join our fast-paced sales team. The sales leader will be essential in strategically managing new and existing business relationships. This role will be responsible for delivering on Uno’s ambitious growth goals in 2023 and beyond.
A few more details:
- This role will be a Director/AVP/VP level based on experience
- You will bring in new business and manage the sales process end to end, from initial outreach to negotiating & closing deals
- You will partner with our sales operations team to continue to develop and define sales best practices
- You will continue to develop existing customer relationships and manage the renewal process.
- You will create a sense of urgency with both internal stakeholders and customers to accelerate deal velocity
This role requires:
- Strategic sales experience selling into Medicare Advantage Health Plans.
- Strong desire to understand the complexity of Medicare Advantage, and sell meaningful solutions that deliver value to our partners and members
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder relationships, with a proven track record in developing new relationships and cross-selling current accounts
- Ability to demonstrate thought leadership and quickly earn trust of business decision makers
- Inclined to step outside of your day-to-day role to help our business grow
- Self-motivated learner that can pick up new content/industries quickly in a fast-paced environment.
You may be a good fit for this role if you…
- Are highly organized and proficient at executing when experiencing multiple competing priorities
- Have a desire to join a growing sales organization and be a key part of evolving the sales process
- Have experience working with multiple technology tools at once and are able to pick up on new skills and tools quickly (Salesforce, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Understand what it means to work at an early-stage startup and are excited about taking on responsibilities within a growing team.
Pay, Perks & Benefits at Uno!
- Comp: 140-200k Base Pay + Commission + Equity
- Work environment: Fully remote role, with the option to work in our NYC offices!
- Time Off: 25d vacation / 7d sick / 10 paid company holidays - 1 floating holiday
- Benefits: Competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
- Building a business from the ground up!: You’ll have the chance to help write our sales playbook, drive our GTM strategy, and lead/mentor future reps!
- Start-up environment: Add to our amazing company culture and bring your past experience to further evolve your career. Great opportunity to be a part of growing a mission-driven company as we expand to a new geography for the first time!
Uno Health’s Dedication to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Uno is committed to always pursue greater Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in our hiring practices. To achieve Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at Uno, we are cognizant of the backgrounds that are underrepresented in our industry and society, and actively work towards achieving more inclusive hiring standards and more equitable outcomes specifically for people from those backgrounds. We currently collect optional demographic information from candidates at the application stage in order to allow us to measure outcomes of people from underrepresented backgrounds in our hiring process. Identifying information about a candidate will never be shared externally and will only be used for the purpose of Uno measuring its levels of representation.
Uno Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, educational background, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Uno encourages people from all backgrounds to apply to this role!