Did you know that 1 in 5 Medicare members who are eligible for critical healthcare subsidies that could save them thousands of dollars are not enrolled in them? And, as Medicare members, are increasingly dissatisfied with their coverage options? 16% of Medicare members change their coverage within a year and close to 50% change plans within 5 years.
Uno Health is a tech-enabled service that enrolls Medicare individuals into many of the financial programs they're eligible for - such as SNAP and Utility Assistance - unlocking thousands of dollars for some of the most vulnerable Americans. And the best part? Uno is free to use for the member and is paid for by the Medicare plan. The extra cash leads to improved health outcomes and savings for all, and a subset of programs unlock ~20% in direct revenue for their Medicare insurers. Uno is the solution to the growing dissatisfaction among Medicare members.
Founders Anna de Paula Hanika and Chloe Phitoussi were inspired by first-hand experience in their previous roles at healthcare startups developing programs which aimed to improve people's health outcomes while balancing the financial incentives of the insurance plan. Uno’s investors include Google Ventures, General Catalyst, Floodgate and Cowboy Ventures and other healthcare and technology leaders.
We are at a pivotal time, both for our growth as a company and for the healthcare system as a whole, with lots of pressures being applied to our members and customers. Come join our team and help us in our mission to enable the best health coverage for the lowest cost to the most people!
About the Role
We are looking for mission driven team members to work to engage Medicare members and supercharge their successful enrollment into state and federal benefits programs. Our team is mission-oriented, excited about enrolling people in life changing benefits programs, and welcomes the challenge of becoming experts on the programs that can benefit the millions of low-income seniors across the US. This role is critical in managing the enrollment process for our members. This role will work directly with Medicare members to overcome barriers and get applications over the finish line, unlocking life-changing savings for people who need it the most.
Additional Role Responsibilities:
- You will ensure that members have the support they need to gather supporting documentation for enrollment in state and federal assistance programs.
- You will be responsible for hitting enrollment targets, providing consistent updates on work funnels and flagging delays and blockers.
- You will hold yourself and your teammates accountable to operating at a level of excellence to deliver a delightful, high quality, and high efficiency enrollment experience.
- You will manage follow up engagement appropriate with a member’s needs.
- You will partner with technology and product teams on an ongoing basis to continue to improve workflows and systems.
Qualifications and Skills
Must have skills:
- Prior experience in telephonic sales calls, including accountability for daily conversion and volume targets.
- Excellent telephonic sales skills, including conversion outreach tactics and rebuttal scripting.
- Ability to pick up new skills, knowledge, and tools quickly.
- Extreme attention to detail and desire to support members throughout the entire enrollment process.
- Desire to learn the ins-and-outs of a process by doing, and willingness to suggest and implement workflow improvements based on your learnings.
- Ability to maintain multiple queues of work and manage time effectively to deliver on daily targets and quality requirements.
- Creative problem-solving skills to triage any issues that arise for members.
- Excellent communication skills, especially verbal.
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with member / patient / customer support through complex member lifecycles / journeys.
- Experience in healthcare / social services, particularly in member / patient-facing roles.
- Experience working with multiple technology tools, including Google Suite (GMail, Drive, Docs, etc.), Salesforce or other CRMs, Apple/Mac Computers, ticketing queues).
- Fluency in Spanish, Creole, or Korean.
You may be a good fit for this role if you…
- Have a desire to revolutionize the way we support low-income Medicare members.
- Understand what it means to work at an early-stage startup and are excited about taking on responsibility within a growing team.
- Are a self-starter who enjoys working cross-functionally with different teams to reach a common company goal.
Pay, Perks & Benefits at Uno!
- Pay Rate: $40,000 for base pay + significant bonus potential
- Hybrid work environment: work 2 days in the office and 3 days WFH
- Location: Salt Lake City - Zion Building on 310 Main Street in downtown Salt Lake City.
- Hours of operation: Monday to Friday - 8:00 AM MDT to 5 PM MDT
- Time Off: 18 Vacation Days, 11 Standard Holidays & 7 Sick Days
- Benefits: Competitive medical, dental, vision, life insurance plans, & 401K plans!
- Growth: Several opportunities for advancement both in leveling up, working on special projects, and learning & development opportunities
- Start-Up Environment: Add on to our amazing company culture and bring your past experience to further evolve your career. Great opportunity to be a part of growing a mission-driven company as we expand to a new geography for the first time!
Uno Health’s Dedication to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Uno is committed to always pursue greater Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in our hiring practices. To achieve Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at Uno, we are cognizant of the backgrounds that are underrepresented in our industry and society, and actively work towards achieving more inclusive hiring standards and more equitable outcomes specifically for people from those backgrounds. We currently collect optional demographic information from candidates at the application stage in order to allow us to measure outcomes of people from underrepresented backgrounds in our hiring process. Identifying information about a candidate will never be shared externally and will only be used for the purpose of Uno measuring its levels of representation.
Uno Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, educational background, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Uno encourages people from all backgrounds to apply to this role!
Please note: Uno Health interview requests and job offers only originate from hiuno.com email addresses (e.g. email@example.com). Uno Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Uno Health, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org