Did you know that 1 in 5 Medicare members who are eligible for critical healthcare subsidies that could save them thousands of dollars are not enrolled in them? And, as Medicare members, are increasingly dissatisfied with their coverage options? 16% of Medicare members change their coverage within a year and close to 50% change plans within 5 years.
Uno Health is a tech-enabled service that enrolls Medicare individuals into many of the financial programs they're eligible for - such as SNAP and Utility Assistance - unlocking thousands of dollars for some of the most vulnerable Americans. And the best part? Uno is free to use for the member and is paid for by the Medicare plan. The extra cash leads to improved health outcomes and savings for all, and a subset of programs unlock ~20% in direct revenue for their Medicare insurers. Uno is the solution to the growing dissatisfaction among Medicare members.
Founders Anna de Paula Hanika and Chloe Phitoussi were inspired by first-hand experience in their previous roles at healthcare startups developing programs which aimed to improve people's health outcomes while balancing the financial incentives of the insurance plan. Uno’s investors include Google Ventures, General Catalyst, Floodgate and Cowboy Ventures and other healthcare and technology leaders.
We are at a pivotal time, both for our growth as a company and for the healthcare system as a whole, with lots of pressures being applied to our members and customers. Come join our team and help us in our mission to enable the best health coverage for the lowest cost to the most people!
About the Role
We are looking for best-in-class team members to get Medicare members excited about all of the benefits of enrolling into government programs. Our team is mission-oriented, excited about enrolling people in life changing benefits, and welcomes the challenge of becoming experts on the government programs that confuse the millions of low-income individuals across the US. This role will conduct outbound campaigns to engage members and determine their eligibility for a range of government programs. This role will work directly with Medicare members to understand their potential savings, clearly communicate what the member can expect throughout the enrollment process, and most importantly, get them excited about the savings and benefits that come with working with Uno!
Additional Role Responsibilities:
- You will kick off our member engagement outreach and strategy, calling the Medicare members to educate them on the government programs and getting them excited about savings and money they may be eligible for.
- You will be responsible for hitting conversion targets and call volume targets, providing consistent updates on work funnels and flag any delays and blockers in accomplishing these goals.
- You will partner with technology and product teams on an ongoing basis to improve our technology tooling.
Qualifications and Skills
Must have skills:
- 1-2+ years experience in an outbound telephonic role and a passion for honing core sales principles to match member’s needs with our solutions and the programs they are eligible for
- Excellent communication skills, especially verbal, in order to successfully communicate to members the benefits that are eligible for and earning their trust for the enrollment process
- >1 year working with multiple technology tools at once and ability to pick up on new skills and tools quickly (Google Suite, CRMs, instant messaging tools, ticketing queues)
- Prior selling experience (telemarketing, sales development representative, canvassing, client services, outbound call campaigns)
- Creative problem-solving skills to triage issues that arise and present solutions
- Understanding of the complexity of the social service space and knowing how to navigate through it
Nice to have skills:
- Experience in a call center environment
- Comfort with fast growth environments and an independent and driven
- Passionate for helping older and low-income populations live a better quality of life
- Bonus: Fluency in Spanish
You may be a good fit for this role if you…
- Have experience working with Salesforce
- Have a desire to revolutionize the way we support low-income Medicare members
- Are a self-starter who enjoys working cross-functionally with different teams to reach a common company goal
- Understanding of what it means to work at with an early-stage startup and excitement about taking where you’ll take on responsibility within a growing team
Pay, Perks & Benefits at Uno!
- Pay Rate: $40,000 base pay with the potential to earn up to an additional $21,000 per year in bonus potential.
- Location: 310 Main Street, Salt Lake City, Utah, 84101
- Hybrid work environment: work 2 days in the office and 3 days WFH.
- Hours of operation: Monday to Friday - 8:00 AM MDT to 5 PM MDT
- Time Off: 18 Vacation Days, 11 Standard Holidays & 7 Sick Days
- Benefits: Competitive medical, dental, vision, life insurance plans, & 401K plans!
- Growth: Several opportunities for advancement both in leveling up, working on special projects, and learning & development opportunities
- Start-Up Environment: Add on to our amazing company culture and bring your past experience to further evolve your career. Great opportunity to be a part of growing a mission-driven company as we expand to a new geography for the first time!
Uno Health’s Dedication to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Uno is committed to always pursue greater Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in our hiring practices. To achieve Equity, Diversity and Inclusion at Uno, we are cognizant of the backgrounds that are underrepresented in our industry and society, and actively work towards achieving more inclusive hiring standards and more equitable outcomes specifically for people from those backgrounds. We currently collect optional demographic information from candidates at the application stage in order to allow us to measure outcomes of people from underrepresented backgrounds in our hiring process. Identifying information about a candidate will never be shared externally and will only be used for the purpose of Uno measuring its levels of representation.
Uno Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, educational background, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Uno encourages people from all backgrounds to apply to this role!
Please note: Uno Health interview requests and job offers only originate from hiuno.com email addresses (e.g. email@example.com). Uno Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Uno Health, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org