Lifecycle Manager, Operations (Remote - Austin, or U.S.)
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We intentionally strive to build diverse teams that feel inclusive for all. Our motto is "All Stripes Welcome," and we put that into practice by valuing both traditional and non-conventional backgrounds and perspectives. Our Zeebs are passionate about learning, growing, & working together to tackle exciting problems.
We're seeking a Lifecycle Manager to help us architect world-class lifecycle marketing campaigns across the insurance buying experience. They will help manage and scale the existing email program, as well as identify, collaborate on and execute additional lifecycle marketing opportunities across the consumer experience (think launching direct mail, SMS, and other lifecycle channels as they become available)
Reporting directly to the Director of Lifecycle, you will work closely with SEO & Content, Product, Data, and Engineering teams to scale our lifecycle programs.
While we are open to remote work across the contingent US, we are still in the process of establishing our company to support work in all states! We’ve recently made the shift from an in-office organization to a hybrid model and love the flexibility it allows our employees. We are set up to support employees who want to be fully remote, in-office only, and a mix of the two.
Please note - we will not be supporting work based out of the following states: CA, MA, NY, NJ.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to optimize our automation efforts, increase engagement, and ultimately drive revenue growth
- Scale our lifecycle program by delivering high-value and relevant content to the right person at the right time using their preferred messaging channel
- Build segments and sophisticated automations that allow several campaigns to work with each other across multiple touch points
- Lead and manage our agency team that helps support our HTML template builds and operations
- Code logic in email templates to personalize content for 1:1 experience using scripting language such as Liquid, Handlebars, AMPScript, etc
- Establish processes and methodologies for campaign automation, including data management, list hygiene, campaign creation, testing, and reporting
- Collaborate with Analytics and Growth teams to sync data between systems in an effort to personalize our campaigns using real time data updates, event triggers, and customer profile updates
- Work closely with Analytics to measure, monitor and report on channel and initiative performance
What We're Looking For:
As we evaluate candidates across all roles, we look for folks who have a strong sense of ownership, great communication and collaboration skills, and a dedication to continuous improvement.
- At least 5 years of experience in email marketing, CRM or lifecycle marketing for enterprise organizations
- Extensive knowledge of email best practices, deliverability improvement/maintenance, reputation management, CAN-SPAM compliance and industry standard KPIs
- Experience with SMS, direct mail, and other lifecycle channels
- Ability to work with platforms including Iterable (preferred), Braze, Confluence/Jira, Adobe Experience Cloud, etc.
- Familiarity with email HTML and CSS (you won’t be building from scratch, but you should be able to update code without a WYSIWYG)
- Familiarity with personalization through handlebar or liquid logic, email templating, and dynamic content insertion
- Familiarity with SQL and reverse ETL technology such as Hightouch, Census, Rudderstack
Experience that will Impress the Heck Out of Us:
- Experience with marketplace-type fields such as insurance or finance.
- Experience with A/B testing and statistical significance
- Experience using Iterable handlebars
Benefits & Perks:
Inclusive and healthy environments are crafted intentionally. All of our employees can join and participate in (or create your own!) Employee Resource Groups. Here are some other wonderful perks of working here:
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)+ flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Join a team that truly lives their values (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 -- it's “insurance in black and white.”
We've garnered attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists. Check out all of our awards & recognition!
Our core mantra is "All Stripes Welcome." As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform core job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation!
Something looks off?