Licensed Customer Service Professional
The Zebra, named a Best Place to Work in Austin four years running, is revolutionizing how connected consumers research and shop for insurance. We intentionally strive to build diverse teams that feel inclusive for all. Our motto is "All Stripes Welcome," and we put that into practice by valuing both traditional and non-conventional backgrounds and perspectives. Our Zeebs are passionate about learning, growing, & working together to tackle exciting problems.
You’ll be the advocate for the customers after they have purchased their policy. Your role is to assist customers with their policies and work to ensure that they have the best possible experience with The Zebra.
This role requires that you have your General Lines P&C License upon your start date.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position. Work schedule will fit between 8:00AM - 7:00PM, Monday - Friday and 9:00AM - 5:30PM on Saturdays. With our growing Agency, hours are always subject to change.
Our agents are 100% remote in Texas. Every licensed employee must conduct business from their primary residence in Texas.
What You'll Do:
- Hybrid role that will consist of 80% Customer Service and 20% Sales
- Answer inbound phone calls, emails, and chats for the company. Most of these calls will be customers calling for assistance with their insurance policy or it could be new customers requesting information about buying a policy
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities while servicing through cross selling
- Retain current clients by making sure current policy is adequate and quoting, if not
- Assist customers by processing payments and endorsements along with answering general questions regarding their insurance policy
- Rewrite insurance policies for prior customers
- Follow-up on outstanding policy requirements by contacting customers or insurance carriers
- De-escalate customers and attempt to resolve issues independently
- Retain current customers through various retention efforts
What We're Looking For:
As we evaluate candidates across all roles, we look for folks with a strong sense of ownership, great communication and collaboration skills, and a dedication to continuous improvement.
- 1+ years of insurance customer service experience
- You bring call center experience
- You are an excellent multi-tasker and can prioritize your time
- Attention to detail
Benefits & Perks:
Inclusive and healthy environments are crafted intentionally. All of our employees can join and participate in (or create your own!) Employee Resource Groups. Here are some other wonderful perks of working here:
- Unlimited PTO
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with company match
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Internet stipend ($40/month)
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Join a team that truly lives their values (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)
About The Zebra:
The Zebra is the nation’s leading, independent insurance comparison site. With our dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, consumers can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 -- it's “insurance in black and white.”
We've garnered attention and investment of some of the nation’s top venture capitalists. Check out all of our awards & recognition!
Our core mantra is "All Stripes Welcome." As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform core job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation!
Something looks off?