Senior Global Supply Manager, Construction
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
We are a forward-thinking team developing and revolutionizing indirect procurement processes, tools and policies to quickly expand our test and launch site. We are looking for individuals that are entrepreneurial in spirit that can collaborate across all our internal stakeholders and across our test and launch procurement team to achieve the company objectives, and we do so with a sense of urgency. This individual would select contractors, materials, services required for building and expanding our Stennis and Cape locations through a competitive tender/bid process involving document preparation (scope, drawings, etc.) for projects while leading external negotiations, and collaborating closely with internal stakeholders
What you’ll do:
- Build out the construction management process that will include the development of a MSA template, work order template, RFP template and bid forms.
- Develop a construction management procurement strategy that unites both test and launch construction teams
- Develop strong stakeholder support and cooperation on assigned project, which can range from facilities and construction services along with equipment and material buyouts.
- Pre-qualify suppliers/contractors by assessing their financial credibility, insurance policies and past project experience for efficient execution of Relativity’s scope of work.
- Synthesize supplier, industry and market research for assigned commodities (If needed) to develop sourcing strategy as well as issue RFx (RFQ, RFB, and RFP) for sourcing assigned commodities/services.
- Administer, facilitate and answer Requests for Information (RFI’s) received during the tender process by issuing RFP Addendums agreements, as necessary, to mitigate Relativity’s exposure to risk and consolidate suppliers’ spend.
- Review, analyze and clarify bid packages received from suppliers and service providers. Make and present recommendations to award after performing a detailed bid analysis ensuring identical scope inclusion for all bids.
- Support commodity business planning and savings as well as analyze historical spend, as well as forecast, spend and savings by project/commodity/business.
- Maintain day-to-day supplier relationships; act as the lead point of contact for all commercial issues.
- Identify and support with negotiations of commercial cost reduction opportunities.
- Coordinate and execute Purchase Orders and Work Authorization for assigned contractors, services, and/or commodities.
What you need to know:
- bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years in construction procurement
Nice to haves but not required:
- Construction management experience
- Construction experience related aerospace infrastructure
- Effective written, verbal, and communication skills
- Remarkable problem solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders as well as organizational skills to manage and track transactional details
- Conducts all activities with the highest of integrity
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace