A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
Supply Chain at Relativity Space is responsible for optimizing the end-to-end network of organizations, activities, and resources required to convert materials and hardware into entirely 3D-printed launch vehicles. Being both an internal and external facing function, we closely partner with an extensive number of groups to develop the operational strategies, processes, and tools that are utilized to fulfill end-customer demand for our launch services.
We are looking for a Materials Manager to join our growing team at our headquarters in Los Angeles. As Materials Manager at Relativity, you will enable all teams at Relativity to source products and services in the most cost-effective, time-sensitive, and quality-assured way. You build the critical link between key company milestones and Relativity’s supply chain strategy. You establish yourself as a highly trusted market expert and a resource for internal teams to determine the most effective sourcing channel and subsequent supply chain processes. You build relationships with suppliers that elevate Relativity’s capabilities in the short and long term, and implement standardized supplier performance management.
What you’ll do:
- Lead Relativity’s supply chain organization in tight synchronization with our Production and Engineering organizations
- Develop strategic and tactical vendor relationships
- Lead make/buy decisions for all critical flight hardware
- Serve as senior advisor to our team on what is reasonable to build and what is not
- Manager vendor performance, develop system of monitoring to ensure parts arrive when needed
- Own quality of incoming parts, hold vendors responsible for issues and work to resolve as quickly as reasonable
- Analyze spend and continuously find ways for Relativity to become more efficient with our spend
- Partner with finance to ensure our Supply Chain strategy is aligned with our company financial plans
What you need to know:
- BSc/BA in business, operations, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus.
- Experience in scaling processes and procurement tools to ensure standardized, low-overhead implementation of sourcing practices across departments.
- Expertise in demand analysis, supplier sourcing, negotiations, and supplier performance management.
- Excellent supplier relationship building and relationship management.
Nice to haves but not required:
- Always an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Comfortable with high-volume workload and self-driven prioritization.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - including the ability to communicate with people in multiple locations in a high-touch personalized manner.
- Outstanding customer orientation to provide partnership to technical teams, and support throughout all sourcing challenges and needs.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace