Master Weld Technician, Technology Development
We invented a new approach to design, build, and fly our own rockets, starting with Terran 1 – the world’s first 3D printed rocket and Terran R our reusable next generation 3D printed rocket.
Using our vertically integrated technology platform, leveraging additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to deliver superiority over traditional aerospace manufacturing methods, we’re disrupting 60 years of aerospace with our novelty approach to get to space, Mars, and beyond faster, more cost-effective, and more reliable.
We believe in a future where interplanetary life fundamentally expands the possibilities for human experience. Our long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Relativity’s Technology Development team is seeking a highly talented Additive Welding Technician to join a rapidly growing space startup. You will be a core contributor to our development team with a direct effect on how our additive technology operates. Your team will be responsible for inventing and innovating new additive deposition modalities, deposition processes, components, hardware and printed prototypes.
What you’ll do:
You have demonstrated both hands on and theoretical understanding of the arc welding process to produce high quality welds. Ideally, you will also have experience operating mechanized or robotic welding equipment. This role is extremely collaborative— you will be working with all teams from design, Robotics, Materials, NDE, and operations. Organizational, verbal and written communication skills are key. You will also assist in optimizing and automating our processes, and come up with new and innovative ways to join materials.
What you need to know:
- 5+ years of welding industry experience
- Knowledgeable about additive manufacturing technology
- Experience with GMAW in Aluminum and Inconel
- Diagnose weld defects and suggest corrective actions for both repair and process optimization
- Design for Additive Manufacturing based on limitations of the process
- Understand weldment blueprints and symbols
- Capable of reading engineering drawings and fabricating components using metal working tools including 3-axis mills, lathes, manual GTAW, GMAW welding
- Finish parts with various hand tools
- Ability to perform first pass diagnostics and identification of issues with robotic welding systems
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills, including suggesting appropriate modifications to welding equipment to improve the process
- Lead, mentor, and train others through influence.
- Prioritize safety of yourself and team above all else.
- Be able to maintain and clean and organized work area
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience with arc additive processes
- Experience with additive manufacturing software packages
- Programming skills (Python, C++)
- Industrial Automation Experience
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace