Senior Systems Engineer, Software Certification
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Relativity seeks a highly talented Software System Engineer to join the Avionics & Software organization. This position will take an embedded device from a prototype to a flight-ready component through a complex test and verification campaign. This role will own the certification, analysis, and testing of safety-critical software and embedded devices, and work with internal teams and regulatory agencies to ensure the system meets all requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Take embedded software from development-level maturity to a flight-ready system
- Work with government agencies to ensure compliance to all safety requirements
- Establish schedule and test plans to qualify all safety critical hardware/software
- Produce analyses to validate the system design
- This role is heavy in certification activities - attention to detail with clear and precise communication skills are crucial
What you need to know:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering)
- Demonstrated capability to manage a hardware/software project to completion.
- Experience designing, developing, and testing embedded software.
- Experience tailoring design and test requirements with government agencies.
- Ability to perform analysis to clearly demonstrate fault architecture meets requirements.
Nice to have but not required:
- Prior work on a complex vehicle, or hardware/software simulation test platform
- Experience with regulations such as DO-178C or similar software safety standards such as ISO26262, IEC 62304, or MISRA-C/C++
- Experience with software-in-the-loop testing, software failure analysis, and other software tests/analyses
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace