Avionics Test Engineer
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Avionics Test & Operations team is responsible for testing avionics hardware and systems across the entire product lifecycle of Terran R: component-, subsystem-, and vehicle-level. As an Avionics Test Engineer at Relativity Space, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing avionics testing strategies for our rocket systems. This includes working closely with the avionics design team to identify and troubleshoot any issues, and developing automation and testing infrastructure to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
What you’ll do:
- Develop frameworks and infrastructure to conduct qualification and acceptance testing of Avionics components on the Terran R launch vehicle
- Design equipment to facilitate Avionics component testing: simulation circuits, auxiliary test equipment, test harnesses, mechanical fixtures and enclosures, and system validation tools
- Work with hardware design engineers and software engineers to derive test requirements and methodologies
- Create and maintain test plans and procedures for avionics systems
- Integrate, commission, and operate test rack hardware and software to support component- and system-level functional testing
What you need to know:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience with electronics hardware simulation or test
- Familiarity with data acquisition and control system platforms such as NI or Beckhoff
- Experience working with electronics test equipment such as power supplies, DMMs, oscilloscopes, signal generators, and electronic loads
- Familiarity with common communication protocols such as Ethernet, CAN, UART, SPI, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience with a schematic capture & PCB design tool such as Altium Designer
- Experience with analog sensors such as pressure transducers, RTDs, and accelerometers
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python or MATLAB for data acquisition/recording and analysis
- Familiarity with wire harness design
- Familiarity with CAD tools such as NX
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace