We invented a new approach to design, build, and fly our own rockets, starting with Terran 1 – the world’s first entirely 3D printed rocket and Terran R our reusable next generation 3D printed rocket.
Using our vertically integrated technology platform, leveraging additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to deliver superiority over traditional aerospace manufacturing methods, we’re disrupting 60 years of aerospace with our novelty approach to get to space, Mars, and beyond faster, more cost-effective, and more reliable.
We believe in a future where interplanetary life fundamentally expands the possibilities for human experience. Our long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Supply Chain at Relativity Space is responsible for optimizing the end-to-end network of organizations, activities, and resources required to convert materials and hardware into entirely 3D-printed launch vehicles. Being both an internal and external facing function, we closely partner with an extensive number of groups to develop the operational strategies, processes, and tools that are utilized to fulfill end-customer demand for our launch services. As the Procurement Specialist in Indirect Supply Management, you will work closely with our development and manufacturing engineering stakeholders to manage end-to-end procurement activities for our operations at our Long Beach sites.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Development & Manufacturing Engineering stakeholders to gather comprehensive procurement requirements and translate into RFx format.
- Manage end-to-end RFx process in partnership with applicable stakeholders to identify top suppliers for a given need, drive competition within a given supply market, and maximize value creation for the procurement activity.
- Negotiate pricing, lead time, terms and conditions, and more, to holistically drive the best outcome for the business.
- Lead end-to-end purchase order management and invoice issue disposition to ensure on-time delivery of product or services and on-time payment of invoices.
- Resolve any and all supply chain-related issues that arise across the scope of dev or manufacturing operations in Long Beach.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Operations Management, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or similar.
- 5+ years of working in a procurement role within a fast-paced manufacturing, supply chain, or engineering function.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applications (i.e., PLM, ERP, MES) and data analysis applications/tools (i.e., MS Excel, SQL, Tableau).
- Demonstrated success negotiating pricing, lead time, contract terms, etc.
Nice to haves but not required:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain/Operations Management, or similar.
- New Product Introduction (NPI) supply chain experience, preferably within aerospace or frontier technology industries.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace