Scientific Business Analyst, Discovery Sciences (GLP)
TetraScience is the Scientific Data Cloud company with a mission to accelerate scientific discovery and development and improve and extend human life. The Tetra Scientific Data CloudTM is the only open, cloud-native platform purpose-built for science that connects lab instruments, informatics software, and data apps across the biopharma value chain. It delivers the foundation of harmonized, actionable scientific data necessary to transform raw data into accelerated and improved scientific outcomes. Through the Tetra Partner Network, market-leading vendors access the power of our cloud to help customers maximize the value of their data.
Team and Culture
Our core values are designed to guide our behaviors, actions, and decisions such that we operate as one. We are looking to add individuals to our team that demonstrate the following values:
- Transparency and Context: We trust our people will make the right decisions and overcome any challenges when given data and context.
- Trust and Collaboration: We believe there can only be trust when there is transparency. We are committed to always communicating openly and honestly.
- Fearlessness and Resilience: We proactively run toward challenges of all types. We embrace uncertainty and we take calculated risks.
- Alignment with Customers: We are completely committed to ensuring our customers and partners achieve their missions and treat them with respect and humility.
- Commitment to Craft: We are passionate missionaries. We sweat the details, as the small things enable the big things.
What You Will Do
- Serve as a “Sciborg” in the Scientific Applications team, engaging internal and external stakeholders in scientific dialogues to improve customer product relevance, market fit, and customer success
- Relentlessly evangelize the Scientific Data Platform and how the value of Scientific Data can be maximized.
- Your work will educate and inspire the biopharmaceutical industry as to the power of an open ecosystem where precisely engineered scientific data flows freely and without restriction. This customer role requires a deep understanding of data management in a scientific domain.
- Assess current state of scientific workflows within customer environments and identify use cases with highest potential impact that are implementation-ready
- Identify new use cases across customer accounts with the potential to be transformed by the Scientific Data Cloud
- Assist development team with creation of testing strategies for use cases deployed in the customer environment
- Collaborate with TetraScience Product and Engineering teams to design a roadmap that incorporates customer feedback on an ongoing basis
- Educate and evangelize all internal and external stakeholders around use cases, serving as the connective tissue between TetraScience and its customers
- Prepare internal Sales, Marketing, and Engineering staff for customer calls with scientific context, literature, and best practices
- Work with Customer Success and Global Services to ensure product delivery on challenging scientific goals
- Work with Product, Marketing, and Engineering teams to “tell the story” of how our product solves those challenges
- Understand the value of deploying Tetra enabled scientific applications through deep understanding of challenges of customers’ current state
- Translate business/user requirements into actionable product requirements for development teams
What You Have Done
- Scientific Knowledge: A strong foundation in discovery sciences and protein biochemistry is essential. This includes understanding concepts such as protein structure and function, enzyme kinetics, molecular biology techniques, and cellular signaling pathways.
- Data Analysis: Proficiency in statistical analysis, data mining, and interpretation of complex scientific data sets. Skills in using software tools like Python, R, or MATLAB are beneficial.
- Regulatory Knowledge: Experience working within a GxP (GLP/GMP) environment is essential.
- Master’s degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology, or a related scientific discipline with at least 5 years’ experience; Ph.D. preferred
- Natural storyteller comfortable with engaging new audiences and cultures - you will have presented to VP and C-suite level audiences to describe a future state
- Sales-oriented to drive annual recurring revenue (ARR) and annual contract revenue (ACV) targets; previous experience in sales, marketing, or demonstration labs a plus
- Interpersonal skills and motivation to build relationships proactively with a wide, global network
- Project Management: Defines goals, stakeholders, and maintains a routine cadence and forward momentum to get projects done
- Influence without authority: Knowing how (and when) to lean on specific parts of the TetraScience org (and outside, other experts, etc) to get answers
- High-bandwidth + intellectual curiosity: Can manage multiple simultaneous efforts and parallel threads; enjoys diverse experiences and new challenges
- Ideal candidate will live within 1-2 hours of New York City, NY