Senior Software Engineer, Tetra Lab
TetraScience, the Scientific Data Cloud company with a mission to accelerate scientific discovery and improve and extend human life, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for its Tetra Lab team. As a Senior Software Engineer at TetraScience, you will be responsible for designing and implementing complex software solutions to advance the Scientific Data Cloud. You will work alongside a talented team of engineers, scientists, and product managers who are passionate about science and technology, and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the scientific community and society at large.
- Design, develop and deploy scalable and reliable software solutions for the Scientific Data Cloud and related eco-system
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, scientific business analysts and other software engineers
- Write maintainable and extendable code and contribute to the design of the platform architecture
- Test and debug software to ensure the platform meets the highest quality standards
- Stay up to date with the latest software development trends and methodologies
- You're a curious and fast learner who is comfortable working in Node/TypeScript and React but may also have worked extensively with C#/.NET, Python, Bash or PowerShell. Previous experience working with relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres and/or MySQL is a plus.
- You have a deep knowledge of AWS and its various sets of services. In particular ECS, EC2, IAM, S3, Networking, CloudFormation, SSM, Cognito and the AWS Directory Service. Proven experience designing and building cloud-based software applications, and infrastructure-as-code using CloudFormation
- You have experience building out various levels of test automation, such as unit, integration, UI and end-to-end tests. Familiar with behavioral driven development and Gherkin.
- 5+ years experience working with a range of CI/CD tooling such as GitHub/GitHub Actions, Bitbucket, GitLab, TeamCity, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy and/or Azure DevOps. Proven experience building reusable and easily maintainable CI/CD pipelines and components.
- Great interpersonal skills and an ability to coordinate and drive initiatives supporting multiple teams