Senior Technical Product Manager - Scientific Data
Who We Are
TetraScience is the Scientific Data Cloud company, solving humanity's grand challenges by accelerating and improving scientific outcomes. The Tetra Scientific Data Cloud provides life sciences companies with the flexibility, scalability, and data-centric capabilities to enable easy access to compliant, engineered, liquid, and actionable scientific data ('Tetra Data'). As an open platform, TetraScience has built the largest network of life sciences innovators, including instrument makers, informatics solution providers, CRO/CDMOs, visualization, analytics, and data science partners — creating seamless interoperability and empowering an innovation feedback loop to drive the future of life sciences and harness the power of the world's scientific data.
Our core values are designed to guide our behaviors, actions, and decisions such that we operate as one. We are looking to add individuals to our team that demonstrate the following values:
- Transparency and Context- We trust our people will make the right decisions and overcome any challenges when given data and context.
- Trust and Collaboration- We believe there can only be trust when there is transparency. We are committed to always communicating openly and honestly.
- Fearlessness and Resilience- We proactively run toward challenges of all types. We embrace uncertainty and we take calculated risks.
- Alignment with Customers- We are completely committed to ensuring our customers and partners achieve their missions and treat them with respect and humility.
- Commitment to Craft- We are passionate missionaries. We sweat the details, as the small things enable the big things.
- Equality of Opportunity- We seek out the best of the best regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, or age. We seek out those who embody our common values but bring unique and invaluable perspectives, talents and advantages.
What You Will Do
Tetra Data are data models that help customers to easily unlock consumption of their scientific data, such as through utilization analysis across their laboratory activities or to easily provide traceable, persistent linkage to experimental data to allow for easier drug discovery and backtracking to original results. By taking primary instrument data currently locked in labs to provide common schema and methods to search, analyze, and use the data, we are making it easier for life sciences companies to spend more time on science and less time on data engineering.
As part of the Tetra Data Team you will play an integral role in leading the product roadmap and strategy to build curated, productized data models that are parsed from the primary data for an array of pharmaceutical lab instruments and primary data sets. You will leverage your background to deliver insights and data to influence product strategy in how to build out onboarding and data package development methods for new customers and instruments, transform data to appropriate technologies and schema for specific data usage (such as search mappings, dataframes, RDBMS structures, etc.) and will collaborate closely with customers and our Data Insights engineering team to deliver, measure, and improve the data package assets.
- You will dive deep into our customers’ usage of Tetra Data assets to lead the product effort for 1-2 areas of our teams, such as High-Throughput Screening Tetra Data.
- You will seek to understand the instrumentation and data involved in pharmaceutical discovery, categorize them into instrument families and understand how they relate to each other.
- You will manage the productization of the data models, parsers, and documentation as reusable lego blocks while working with the Tetra Partner Network, Solution Architecture, Customer Success and Science teams to determine the prioritization.
- You will build relationships with customers; understand customer’s processes and objectives; and introduce new ways of doing things better and more productive and solicit feedback
- You will research competition and market landscape and propose roadmap trade-offs between parity and innovation both in direction of instrument coverage and consumption patterns
- You will partner closely with your partners in engineering to take your vision and ideas and turn them into reality.
- You will partner closely with your colleagues in customer success, sales, and professional services to get customer feedback on your products, find out where you’ve improved their lives, and find out where you have more work to do.
- You will be comfortable working with a globally with geographically dispersed team, in various time zones
- You will learn, grow, and be challenged. You will speak up and represent your position amongst peers and leadership, while remaining resilient and open to constructive feedback.
- You will sometimes make tough compromises, or find things take longer than you want them to, or need to work extra hard to convince a colleague of your position.
What We’re Looking For
- Product Experience. 5+ years experience as a technical product manager, preferably in cloud enterprise software
- Technical Acumen. Demonstrated ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively simplify and communicate them to a non-technical audience. Experience with data modeling, schema management, or warehousing / analytics. Hands on data analysts or engineer experience is a plus.
- Domain Experience. Have worked with scientific instrument data in its primary form. Understand the specific constraints the life sciences process require and the complexity of structure.
- Strong Communicator. You communicate clearly and persuasively in multiple mediums with peers, engineers, designers, stakeholders, and customers.
- Outcome Focused. Ability to define, monitor, and optimize KPIs that measure how our products perform.
- Cross-Functional Player. You can work with diverse stakeholders to set expectations, report progress, and influence outcomes.
- Bias for Action. You know how to make things happen.
- Comfort with Ambiguity & Change. You are excited about working in a startup environment and unfazed by the ambiguity and dynamic culture that come with it. You are excited about creating a vision and testing out new concepts to drive value for our members and partners.
- 100% employer-paid benefits for all eligible employees and immediate family members
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible working arrangements - Remote work + office as needed
- Company paid Life Insurance, LTD/STD
No visa sponsorship is available for this position