Director, Quality Engineering
TetraScience is the Scientific Data Cloud company with a mission to accelerate scientific discovery and improve and extend human life. The Scientific Data Cloud is the only open, cloud-native platform purpose-built for science that connects lab instruments, informatics software, and data apps across the biopharma value chain and delivers the foundation of harmonized, actionable scientific data necessary to transform raw data into accelerated and improved scientific outcomes. Through the Tetra Partner Network, market-leading vendors access the power of our cloud to help customers maximize the value of their data.
Our core values are designed to guide our behaviors, actions, and decisions such that we operate as one. We are looking to add individuals to our team that demonstrate the following values:
- Transparency and Context- We trust our people will make the right decisions and overcome any challenges when given data and context.
- Trust and Collaboration- We believe there can only be trust when there is transparency. We are committed to always communicating openly and honestly.
- Fearlessness and Resilience- We proactively run toward challenges of all types. We embrace uncertainty and we take calculated risks.
- Alignment with Customers- We are completely committed to ensuring our customers and partners achieve their missions and treat them with respect and humility.
- Commitment to Craft- We are passionate missionaries. We sweat the details, as the small things enable the big things.
- Equality of Opportunity- We seek out the best of the best regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, or age. We seek out those who embody our common values but bring unique and invaluable perspectives, talents and advantages.
What You Will Do
- Lead and manage the quality engineering team
- Drive quality first mindset in the team and ensure that the product meets the quality and compliance guidelines
- Empathize with the customers and be the voice of the customer in all the product related activities
- Engage, motivate, mentor, and coach quality engineers distributed across various geographical locations.
- Act decisively and remove impediments for the test team
- Partner with the compliance team and hold the product and engineering teams accountable for the product quality
- Represent the quality engineering team in meetings with the senior leadership team, customers, and auditors
- Be the cultural steward and uphold the company values
- BS/MS in engineering, 5+ years of management experience
- Previously a senior individual contributor with hands on experience in quality engineering
- Technical proficiency and hands-on experience in testing cloud native products
- People management and strong project management skills
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of software quality assurance, modern testing processes and methodologies
- Leadership, team building, and mentoring skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Flexible thinking, including the ability to pivot and try new approaches when faced with challenges
- Ability to work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously
- Experience leading quality engineering team in an Agile environment
- Life science background or have worked in similar industries is a strong plus
- 100% employer-paid benefits for all eligible employees and immediate family members.
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO).
- Flexible working arrangements - Remote work + office as needed.
- Company paid Life Insurance, LTD/STD.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position