Senior Product Manager - Data Management & Search
Who We Are
TetraScience is the Scientific Data Cloud company with a mission to accelerate scientific discovery and improve and extend human life. The Scientific Data Cloud is the only open, cloud-native platform purpose-built for science that connects lab instruments, informatics software, and data apps across the biopharma value chain and delivers the foundation of harmonized, actionable scientific data necessary to transform raw data into accelerated and improved scientific outcomes. Through the Tetra Partner Network, market-leading vendors access the power of our cloud to help customers maximize the value of their data.
Our core values are designed to guide our behaviors, actions, and decisions such that we operate as one. We are looking to add high performance team members that authentically and unconditionally embrace the our values:
- Transparency and Context - We trust our people will make the right decisions and overcome any challenges when given data and context.
- Trust and Collaboration - We believe there can only be trust when there is transparency. We are committed to always communicating openly and honestly.
- Fearlessness and Resilience - We proactively run toward challenges of all types. We embrace uncertainty and we take calculated risks.
- Alignment with Customers - We are completely committed to ensuring our customers and partners achieve their missions and treat them with respect and humility.
- Commitment to Craft - We are passionate missionaries. We sweat the details, as the small things enable the big things.
- Equality of Opportunity - We seek out the best of the best regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, or age; We seek out those who embody our common values but bring unique and invaluable perspectives, talents and advantages
Who You Are
You thrive on working well with others. You make the people around you better. You love to collaborate with fellow product managers, designers, user researchers, engineers, executives, and inspire them to do their best.
You relentlessly strive to excel in your craft. You look at user story, functional and interaction design, product configuration and extension, sales play and demo, competitive analysis, marketplace partners, and more as tools in the Product Manager’s essential toolkit. You intuitively know how technology, business requirements and product design come together to deliver innovation that delights.
You consistently seek understanding and clarity. You look at every interaction as an opportunity to learn. You aren’t afraid to ask questions. You have the humility and confidence to not be the smartest person in the room.
In this role you will lead the product effort for our data management and search functionality. These are pivotal aspects of our platform that serves as the foundational layer of data engineering. You will work closely with our engineering teams and architects to guide the strategy which scales our platform for discovering, querying, and analysis.
What You Will Do
- Dive deep into our Tetra Data Platform Data Management, Search, and Query areas owning the product outcomes while partnering directly with our design and engineering teams.
- Create and own squad roadmap and work with stakeholders to prioritize initiatives and overall goals with your team
- Identify new opportunities through product discovery techniques like research, internal customer interviews, and process mapping
- Research competition and market trends and propose roadmap trade-offs between parity and innovation
- Build relationships with customers; understand customer’s processes and objectives; and introduce new ways of doing things better and more productive and solicit feedback
- Develop opportunity assessments to vet, validate, and prioritize the roadmap
- Develop testing capabilities to assess new concept prototypes
- Deliver customer-facing interfaces (UX, Query connections, and APIs) by producing detailed definitions of their benefits, use cases, documentation, and design
- Decompose complex use cases and technical requirements into smaller manageable stories by creating and prioritizing a backlog with your engineering team
- Assess roadmap / backlog trade-offs, make recommendations informed by stakeholder and technical constraints, and deliver innovation with this in mind
What You've Done
- 5+ years in software product management, preferably in a B2B environment
- 2-3 Years experience with data storage and / or warehouse products, such as Postgres, Athena, BigQuery, Snowflake
- Experience with Elastic Search or other search indices
- Experience with micro-service and serverless architecture
- Experience with SQL or other query language
- Experience in bringing creative ideas and proposals to development teams and executives supported by qualitative justification and quantitative analysis
- Experience working closely with customers on product implementations
- Experience in functional data architecture design including modeling, schema management, , storage, and query access patterns
- Represent our company and team with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Bachelors or Masters degree in management, business, computer science or other equivalent.
- Experience in Life Sciences is a big plus!
- 100% employer paid benefits for all eligible employees and immediately family members.
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Company paid Life Insurance, LTD/STD
No visa sponsorship is available for this position