Senior Corporate Counsel - Cloud Data Software
Who We Are
TetraScience is the Scientific Data Cloud company with a mission to accelerate scientific discovery and improve and extend human life. The Scientific Data Cloud is the only open, cloud-native platform purpose-built for science that connects lab instruments, informatics software, and data apps across the biopharma value chain and delivers the foundation of harmonized, actionable scientific data necessary to transform raw data into accelerated and improved scientific outcomes. Through the Tetra Partner Network, market-leading vendors access the power of our cloud to help customers maximize the value of their data.
Our core values are designed to guide our behaviors, actions, and decisions such that we operate as one. We are looking to add individuals to our team that demonstrate the following values:
- Transparency and Context- We trust our people will make the right decisions and overcome any challenges when given data and context.
- Trust and Collaboration- We believe there can only be trust when there is transparency. We are committed to always communicating openly and honestly.
- Fearlessness and Resilience- We proactively run toward challenges of all types. We embrace uncertainty and we take calculated risks.
- Alignment with Customers- We are completely committed to ensuring our customers and partners achieve their missions and treat them with respect and humility.
- Commitment to Craft- We are passionate missionaries. We sweat the details, as the small things enable the big things.
- Equality of Opportunity- We seek out the best of the best regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, or age. We seek out those who embody our common values but bring unique and invaluable perspectives, talents and advantages.
What You Will Do
As Senior Corporate Counsel, you will report to the General Counsel. You will work with departments across the company to provide advice on a wide range of commercial legal matters, including contracts and transactions in support of the company’s direct sales, channels and services offerings.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of agreements, including software, technology, services, vendor, reseller, licensing, and other commercial contracts.
- Advise executive members on new laws, existing laws and legal rights that would impact functionality of the business.
- Advise and provide guidance on legal issues relating to commercial terms, corporate compliance, security, and regulatory matters.
- Work closely with executive, sales, IT, product, and other business teams to provide general legal advice and support and assist in scaling legal and business processes.
- Develop and drive compliance policies and procedures designed to enhance regulatory and business standards compliance and support the company’s business and strategic objectives.
- Supervise and coordinate with outside counsel as necessary.
What You Have Done
- 2+ years of experience working in a Cloud Software company with and understanding of cloud contract language is required.
- JD from an accredited law school and a member in good standing of the candidate’s state of residence State Bar Association.
- 5+ years relevant experience in an in-house or large law firm environment, with software or technology industry experience.
- 5+ years’ experience negotiating, drafting and reviewing commercial contracts.
- Experience counseling technology product teams, especially those building B2B products and services
- Familiarity with a wide range of legal matters a plus including corporate, commercial, privacy, litigation, IP, HR, and regulatory.
- Organizational, analytical, and negotiation skills with exceptional attention to detail and collaboration.
- 100% employer-paid benefits for all eligible employees and immediate family members
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Flexible working arrangements - Remote work + office as needed
- Company paid Life Insurance, LTD/STD