Senior Software Support Engineer - AWS
TetraScience is the Scientific Data Cloud company with a mission to accelerate scientific discovery and improve and extend human life. The Scientific Data Cloud is the only open, cloud-native platform purpose-built for science that connects lab instruments, informatics software, and data apps across the biopharma value chain and delivers the foundation of harmonized, actionable scientific data necessary to transform raw data into accelerated and improved scientific outcomes. Through the Tetra Partner Network, market-leading vendors access the power of our cloud to help customers maximize the value of their data.
Our core values are designed to guide our behaviors, actions, and decisions such that we operate as one. We are looking to add individuals to our team that demonstrate the following values:
Transparency and Context - We trust our people will make the right decisions and overcome any challenges when given data and context.
Trust and Collaboration - We believe there can only be trust when there is transparency. We are committed to always communicating openly and honestly.
Fearlessness and Resilience - We proactively run toward challenges of all types. We embrace uncertainty and we take calculated risks.
Alignment with Customers - We are completely committed to ensuring our customers and partners achieve their missions and treat them with respect and humility.
Commitment to Craft - We are passionate missionaries. We sweat the details, as the small things enable the big things.
Equality of Opportunity - We seek out the best of the best regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, or age; We seek out those who embody our common values but bring unique and invaluable perspectives, talents and advantages.
What You Will Do
TetraScience is searching for a dynamic, customer-focused, and results driven Senior Software Support Engineer to liaison with our Engineering and Product teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for the support and management of applications, software, and services built on the AWS platform. This passionate customer advocate will be the point-person for customer satisfaction, implementing world-class support for TetraScience applications and environment up-time. The Senior Software Support Engineer is also the backbone of the TetraScience customer-facing organization, solving challenges with the customer most needs our help.
- You will be the first line of support for issues reported by TetraScience customers.
- Drive issues to resolution and/or identify workarounds to unblock customers either individually or by partnering with product and the engineering teams.
- You will be the Steward of the customer support to the engineering escalation process, increasing efficiency by streamlining communication with customer success, by triaging, extracting, and organizing relevant information.
- Manage the workflow of the escalation issue, regularly communicating with customer support, customer success and even customers to provide current information, status, and progress.
- Develop tools, scripts, and documentation to scale yourself individually, and help customer support diagnose, troubleshoot, extract relevant information, and in cases, fix issues to reduce mean time to resolution.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar or related role in technical support, professional services, or engineering organizations working on critical customer issues and escalations.
- Science background with experience in Pharma and Biotech domains is a big plus.
- Strong familiarity with using CRMs like Zendesk and Salesforce.
- Must have troubleshooting experience with API and various types of integrations with AWS Services.
- Must have experience with Cloud Native platforms and applications, Micro-services, Docker deployments.
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills and the ability to translate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Critical thinker and self-starter who is highly organized with the ability to make decisions independently and in collaboration with engineering managers and engineers.
- Ability to work in a hyper growth environment with shifting priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, or technical related field.
- 100% employer paid benefits for all eligible employees and immediately family members.
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO).
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Company paid Life Insurance, LTD/STD.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.