Director of Engineering, Tetra Data & Integrations
TetraScience is the Scientific Data Cloud company with a mission to accelerate scientific discovery and improve and extend human life. The Scientific Data Cloud is the only open, cloud-native platform purpose-built for science that connects lab instruments, informatics software, and data apps across the biopharma value chain and delivers the foundation of harmonized, actionable scientific data necessary to transform raw data into accelerated and improved scientific outcomes. Through the Tetra Partner Network, market-leading vendors access the power of our cloud to help customers maximize the value of their data.
Our core values are designed to guide our behaviors, actions, and decisions such that we operate as one. We are looking to add individuals to our team that demonstrate the following values:
- Transparency and Context- We trust our people will make the right decisions and overcome any challenges when given data and context.
- Trust and Collaboration- We believe there can only be trust when there is transparency. We are committed to always communicating openly and honestly.
- Fearlessness and Resilience- We proactively run toward challenges of all types. We embrace uncertainty and we take calculated risks.
- Alignment with Customers- We are completely committed to ensuring our customers and partners achieve their missions and treat them with respect and humility.
- Commitment to Craft- We are passionate missionaries. We sweat the details, as the small things enable the big things.
- Equality of Opportunity- We seek out the best of the best regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, or age. We seek out those who embody our common values but bring unique and invaluable perspectives, talents and advantages.
What You Will Do
- Lead and manage the engineering team responsible for Tetra Integrations
- Work closely with the product management team on the strategy and the prioritization
- Lead teams in the development of new products, solutions, and processes
- Drive quality first mindset in the team and ensure that the product meet the quality and compliance guidelines
- Secure the resources needed for team to excel, including researching and proposing capital investments.
- Represent and Advocate on behalf of the team members
- Be the cultural steward and uphold the company values
- Empathize with the customers and delight them with high quality deliverables
- BS/MS in engineering, 7-10 years of management experience
- Previously a senior individual contributor and hands on experience in architecture and implementation
- People management and project management skills
- Experience using AWS (EC2, S3, CloudWatch, Lambda, SQS, etc.)
- Leadership, team building, and mentoring skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Flexible thinking, including the ability to pivot and try new approaches when faced with challenges
- Ability to work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously
- Deep understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies and practices, and use Agile/Scrum or similar collaborative tools in a daily basis
- Life science background or have worked in similar industries is a strong plus
- 100% employer-paid benefits for all eligible employees and immediate family members.
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO).
- Flexible working arrangements - Remote work + office as needed.
- Company paid Life Insurance, LTD/STD.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position