Principal Software Engineer- Enterprise Data Orchestration
Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
We seek an exceptional, self-motivated and seasoned engineer who can join the Snaplogic snap and data team and be the critical player in building turn-key, purpose built solutions for connecting data across different enterprise applications and databases running in production systems. We envision data, that’s appropriately transformed and primed, is available with a click of a button in destination systems and retains context and metadata for informed and responsible use in a seamless fashion to meet necessary business and control requirements.
You are a Principal Software Engineer who enjoys designing, developing, and maintaining modular, scalable, and performant data management solutions that meet a variety of integration and business use cases across many customers from different industries. Overall you take a deep sense of ownership, accountability, and pride
This is a remote role for candidates based in the United States with occasional travel required to our HQ in San Mateo, CA.
What You'll Do:
- Develop end-to-end data ingestion and transformation solutions, optimized for performance, scalability and efficiency
- Build solutions across the stack and have a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, and multiple back-end languages
- You have a good understanding of open-source and third-party data technologies
- Ensure solution design and architecture meets SnapLogic and customer security and regulatory requirements
- Build and design applications such that the cost of change is minimum
- We envision building frameworks that will scale code generation
- Build Microservices based architecture that can scale vertically and horizontally
- Cycle between projects in weeks rather than years – continually learning about technologies, protocols and products
What We're Looking For:
- 8+ years experience
- You have domain experience in Data, designing and developing solutions in the EtLT space
- Experience with distributed databases, especially NoSQL
- Experience with two or more of the following: Snowflake, Apache Kafka, Amazon Redshift, AWS S3, Google Cloud Storage, Microsoft Azure, Salesforce
- You absolutely understand the importance of testing, tooling, and debugging to ensure market-leading code quality required for successful enterprise products and maintenance
- You have a customer-centric view of products and processes
- API first design approach
- You are an opinionated, assertive, collaborative, and positive thinker
- You can take an ambiguous problem and navigate with clarity
- You are a master builder and an excellent team player
- You coach other fellows engineers and help them go to the next level
There's never been a better time to join SnapLogic. Here are a few reasons why:
Perks And Benefits: The list includes, but is not limited to: competitive salary, flexible PTO (USA employees), comprehensive healthcare; 401(k); FSA and supplemental insurance; paid parental leave; wellness and fitness reimbursements; gym and lunch on site (HQ); remote/hybrid work for majority of roles.
Company Momentum: Industry experts have consistently recognized our company, products, customers, and employees as best-in-class, from our year-over-year Leadership in Gartner’s iPaaS Magic Quadrant, to our 2021 CODiE Award win, to our recognition as a 2022 Bay Area Top Workplace.
Hot Market Opportunity: Leading organizations are embracing the cloud, data, and AI to rethink and rewire their businesses. According to industry analysts, the integration market alone is growing four times faster than the overall software market, approaching more than $5 billion in revenue.
Innovative Product: SnapLogic is the only company to provide a single, unified platform for all of a company’s integration and automation needs: application integration, data integration, API management, B2B integration, and data engineering.
World Class Customers: Hundreds of customers around the globe trust SnapLogic to handle their enterprise integration and automation needs. Our customers come first, and we’re proud of SnapLogic's industry-leading customer retention rate of over 95%.
SnapLogic is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with offices in New York, NY; London, UK; and Hyderabad, India.
To all recruitment agencies: SnapLogic does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to SnapLogic employees or to any other company location. SnapLogic is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the company. SnapLogic provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SnapLogic complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. SnapLogic expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of SnapLogic employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.