Montreal, QC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Sharethrough is one of the top global independent omnichannel ad exchanges. Driven by our conviction that advertising should be underpinned by respect & care, we believe taking a human-centric approach to advertising and monetization is the key to a sustainable path forward for the independent and accessible internet to thrive. With headquarters based in Montreal, QC, Sharethrough promotes a highly flexible hybrid environment.
About the Role
We are looking for an FP&A Director to run and scale the financial planning, reporting and analytics capabilities of our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment and would bring a strong work ethic and an ability to innovate scalable processes. Reporting directly to the CFO, projects will vary but will include analysis of our current and potential business models, development of Board presentations, management of the budget process and other key analytic projects that will support the continuous improvement of our business.
- Work closely with the CFO on a wide range of projects, including monthly and ad hoc presentations for the Board of Directors, company meeting materials and analysis of business performance
- Be the Finance partner to Sharethrough’s Sales, Marketing, Operations & Engineering teams
- Own Sharethrough’s corporate model & budget process
- Participate in cash management forecasting
- Track budget/forecast variances to actual and provide monthly reporting to leadership
- Support strategic decision making, which will include analytics initiatives such as financial modeling, capital allocation decisions, new-market expansion, headcount growth, cost optimization and profitability improvements
- Develop KPI metrics to track team-specific and company-wide trends; build impactful reporting, identify opportunities, clearly communicate recommendations, and collaborate across the company with all levels of the organization
- Partner with the internal accounting team on monthly close process, financial reporting, and preparation of financial statements
- Take part in preparing any future fundraising processes, M&A activities and due diligence
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of relevant software and tools, as necessary
- Build trust through numerically-driven insights and analysis
- Provide leadership and guidance to the FP&A Analyst reporting to you and ensure the full management life-cycle (career development, coaching, 1 on 1’s, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting
- MBA, CFA and/or CPA designation preferred
- 4 to 6 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge (IFRS), sound analytical skills and advanced Excel and modeling skills
- Excellent proficiency in presentation preparation
- Experience with Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday Adaptive and/or Looker is an asset
- Experience in financial modeling is an asset
- Critical thinker with the ability to think big picture and conduct the right level of analysis depending on requirements
- Self-starter capable of identifying inefficiencies, proposing and implementing scalable solutions
- Highest level of integrity, professionalism and judgment, with ability to build relationships with executives and handle confidential information
- Fluency in French and English (oral and written), especially to communicate with our international colleagues and clients
What’s In It For You?
- Inclusive, inspiring, and dynamic work environment
- Remote first with an emphasis on flexibility
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous group health insurance plan
- Stock Options after 1 year
- Access to the virtual healthcare platform Dialogue
- 16 days of vacation per year, which increases when you stay longer at Sharethrough
- 3 paid Caring days plus 1 paid volunteer day
- Offices closed during the holidays
- Wellness allocation of $840 per year (for gym memberships, sportswear, etc.)
- Monthly phone/internet stipend
- In-house training programs on our company and industry
- Encouragement and funding of continuing education and trainingVery active social committees
- And more !
We’re Committed to Having an Inclusive and Diverse Environment!
- Want to apply but feel like you don't meet every requirement? Apply anyways! Studies show that women and minorities are less likely to apply if they do not exactly fit all the requirements in the job description. At Sharethrough, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workspace, so if you feel eager about this opportunity but feel like your experience is not perfectly aligned with the job description - apply! There may be other roles you may fit the profile for.
See more open positions at Sharethrough
Something looks off?