Full Stack Software Developer
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2022
High school students spend over 4,000 hours being lectured at, despite overwhelming evidence that students learn best through project-based learning. Polygence is an online academy that helps students rediscover the joy of learning through personalized projects supervised by academic mentors. Polygence’s team is driven by an uncompromising mission to reshape education around the globe by making it project-focused.
Polygence raised a seed round from leading investors including Reach Capital, Floodgate and Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund.
You will be joining our full stack team at our Budapest-based engineer to develop and maintain the Python/Django backend and React frontend of our education-focused product. You will have 1-2 calls per week typically at 17:00-18:00 CET with our US-based team and California-based (Hungarian) CEO. You'll have flexible hours, huge independence and we will build our developer culture together.
An ideal candidate has a few years of experience with production-grade web application development with the ability and motivation to work on both the backend and frontend part of the application. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also highly prized.
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, private health insurance, gym pass and free meals. Our HubSpot is located in Pipa utca, a beautiful historic building near the Danube.
- React frontend
- Django backend
How we work
- Jira for project management
- GitHub for version control and code reviews
- Communication on Slack
- 1 weekly development team meeting (typically at 17:00 CET)
- 1 weekly full-team meeting (typically at 17:00 CET)
- Meeting range depending on needs (usually 20-60 mins)
- No meetings for the sake of meetings
- MacBook Pro & Monitor
- Maintaining existing features
- Designing and developing new features based on tasks descriptions
- Integrating third party applications, like Stripe, Zoom and Google Calendar
- Improving code quality
- Building our developer culture together
- You have worked with React or Django in a production environment.
- You have experience with Next.js, Heroku and AWS.
- You are genuinely interested in educational technology.
Compensation and perks
- Competitive market offer
- stock options
- private health insurance
- free meals
- gym pass
We are looking for impact-driven candidates looking for new challenges and real adventure. We prioritize personal qualities and future potential over a perfect match in technical skills.