Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Saturday, June 3, 2023
This posting is for an India-based engineer. We are not looking for part-time contractors, so please only apply if you're looking for a full-time position.
What does a Devops Engineer do at PeopleGrove?
PeopleGrove has built a dynamic cloud-based software platform for universities, companies, and nonprofits to power mentoring and networking initiatives. As a Devops engineer , you'll become an integral member of a small team of engineers, working on our kubernetes cluster. Some of the practices we employ are Infrastructure automation, Continuous Integration/deployment, Configuration management, Microservices, serverless computing, Monitoring, Database management.
Projects you'll be working on:
- We're focused on enhancing our product for our clients and their users, as well as streamlining operations and improving our technical foundation.
- Writing scripts for procurement, configuration and deployment of instances (infrastructure automation) on GCP
- Managing Kubernetes cluster
- Manage product and services like VPC, Elasticsearch, cloud functions, rabbitMQ, redis servers, postgres infrastructure, app engine, etc.
- Supporting developers in setting up infrastructure for services
- Manage and improve microservices infrastructure
- Managing high availability, low latency applications
- Focus on security best practices to ensure assist in security and compliance activities
- Minimum 1 years experience as DevOps
- Experience with Kubernetes Cluster (Infrastructure as code, maintaining and scalability).
- BASH expertise, node or python professional programming experience
- Experience with setting up, configuring and using Github Actions or any CI tools, building CI/CD pipeline
- Experience setting microservices architecture
- Experience with package management and deployments
- Thorough understanding of networking.
- Understanding of all common services and protocols
- Experience in web server configuration, monitoring, network design and high availability
- Thorough understanding of DNS, VPN, SSL
- Aware about security best practices
- Have worked in Infrastructure as a code (Terraform / Pulumi)
Technologies you'll work with:
- GKE, Prometheus, Grafana, Stackdriver
- Infrastructure as a code (Pulumi)
- ArgoCD and GitHub Actions
- NodeJS Backend, Python Scripts
- Postgres, ElasticSearch, Redis, RabbitMQ, BigQuery, Firebase
- Whatever else you decide - we're constantly re-evaluating our stack and tools
- Having prior experience with the technologies is a plus, but not mandatory for skilled candidates.
- Remote Option - You can work from location of your choice :)
- Reimbursement of Home Office Setup
- Competitive Salary
- Friendly atmosphere
- Workation Policy
- Remote offsites
- Flexible paid vacation policy
At PeopleGrove, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. PeopleGrove is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 650-584-3400