NPI R&D Engineer (Mechanical)
Stratasys is a world leader in 3D printing!
Stratasys is leading the global shift to additive manufacturing with innovative 3D printing solutions for industries such as aerospace, automotive, consumer products and healthcare. Through smart and connected 3D printers, polymer materials, a software ecosystem, and parts on demand, Stratasys solutions deliver competitive advantages at every stage in the product value chain. The world’s leading organizations turn to Stratasys to transform product design, bring agility to manufacturing and supply chains, and improve patient care.
We are looking for an NPI & ME Engineer to join our R&D group.
The NPI engineer will take part in all aspects of the product lifecycle from development to manufacturing and will be key in moving the company's production capabilities forward.
What you will be doing:
- Lead NPIs projects and coordinate with all stakeholders to ensure manufacturing plans that meets the product’s goals in the aspect of Design for Excellence (DfX)
- Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DfMA) , Quality and time to market (TTM).
- Find solutions to facilitate further cost reductions and improve reliability, performance, and product feature extensions.
- Manage and support configuration control, BOM components, catalog of parts, documentation, and design changes (ECO), etc.
- Responsible for Product Design Changes to Improve Quality, Reliability, maintainability, and Serviceability.
- Develop new products jigs and testers
- Provide engineering support in all activities in the product development and manufacturing process to production lines, Customer support, Sourcing, and Subcontractors
- Work according to Product life-cycle management structure. (PLCM)
- Prepare project timeline and identify all resources required for manufacturing production readiness (PRR).
- Address supplier’s issues such as Obsolescence and replacement components
- Develop strategies to uncover and deal with project risks before they lead to project failure.
Must have for this role:
- BSc degree in Mechanical engineering
- 5 years experience in NPI, engineering required (min )
- Strong understanding of PLCM process
- Experience in CAD software – Solid Works
- Knowledge of GD&T.
- Prior experience in manufacturing and operation experience.
- Ability to solve technical problems while working on multi-disciplinary product
- Self-motivated, self-maintained and able to take the initiative to solve problems
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible with changes
- Ability to present technical information and effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Multi-tasking capability with task priorities and organized working methodologies.
Nice to have:
- Experience in leading a DFX process
- Experience in PDM/ EDM tools
- Experience in ERP systems – Agile is an advantage
What you will be part of:
- Company Overview - https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/history/
- Our Culture and Values - https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/culture/
- Our Sustainability “3D Printing a Better Tomorrow” - https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/sustainability/
- Our Locations - https://www.stratasys.com/en/contact-us/office-locations/
- Check out our Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wmDfmt2bNI