Stratasys is a world leader in 3D printing!
Stratasys is leading the global shift to additive manufacturing with innovative 3D printing solutions for industries such as aerospace, automotive, consumer products and healthcare. Through smart and connected 3D printers, polymer materials, a software ecosystem, and parts on demand, Stratasys solutions deliver competitive advantages at every stage in the product value chain. The world’s leading organizations turn to Stratasys to transform product design, bring agility to manufacturing and supply chains, and improve patient care.
In this role: We are seeking software/web developers who are passionate about 3D printing, and keen to solve customer problems using industry-leading technologies like WebGL, React and TypeScript. The position is based in our Cambridge, UK office, we support hybrid working but you will need to live in a commutable distance. **You must have a right to work in the UK without need for sponsorship**
If you’re good, passionate and love to build great products then read on. Exact job descriptions never fit the bill 100% - if you’re good, we want you and come and be part of Stratasys, a pioneer in 3D printing.
As a Software Engineer, you will be working on cutting-edge software for 3D printing products including GrabCAD Print. We’ve been at the forefront of 3D printing innovation for more than 25 years. We’re trusted worldwide by leading manufacturers and groundbreaking designers, makers, thinkers and doers.
- Opportunities to push yourself, our application GrabCAD Print has opportunities for a huge variety of work, web development with React, geometry manipulation in C++, 3D visualisation with Three.js.
- Unlimited access to industry leading 3D printers, colleagues print a huge variety of parts FDM or PolyJet (take a look at the GrabCAD website to see what is possible with our printers)
- The Cambridge, UK site is small (around 30 people), so there is the benefit of working for a larger company with the feel of a start-up
- Friendly coworkers and no rigid hierarchy, weekly pub trips as well as quarterly socials, talking to the VP of Software Engineering will feel no different than to your teammates. Weekly Friday meeting where anything is available to talk about, and questions are encouraged.
- We see your role as developing code to enable engineers to print in 3D, intelligently.
What you will be doing:
- 60% programming, we don't spend a lot of time in meetings, and they are mainly later in the day. Your mornings are completely free to do your job how you see fit: working on your current ticket, looking at a course, reviewing someone's PR, or helping someone in our team or another
- 20% meetings, we subscribe to an agile methodology through scrum, we have two week sprints
- 20% working with co-workers, our team collaborates and listens to all viewpoints, we regularly stay behind after standup to discuss an issue and how we think we could solve it.
- You will be part of a high powered software development team committed to producing world-changing products.
- Changing the way engineers and designers work.
Must have for this role:
- Customer-focused, delivery-focused, smart, flexible, self-starting
- BSc or BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or a related discipline.
- 2+ years experience developing commercial, open-source or academic software. (We will consider hiring grduate levels of developer if you are a good communicator with knowledge and experience of our tech stack.)
- Experience with modern software development methodologies and tools
- Experience in CAD programming, geometric modelling, graphics programming, games programming, computational geometry or similar
- Ability to work in a team, strong communication skills
- Ability to write testable, resilient, documented code with effective unit and integration tests
- Ability to work in a scrum environment
Nice to have:
- Experience of Agile, incremental software development.
- Experience of collaboration across multiple geographical locations
- The following languages/technologies: GraphQL, PostgreSQL, TypeORM, Apollo Server
Travel required: 5% No essential travel but there will be opportunities to visit sites etc.
What you will be part of:
- Company Overview - https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/history/
- Our Culture and Values - https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/culture/
- Our Sustainability “3D Printing a Better Tomorrow” - https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/sustainability/
- Our Locations - https://www.stratasys.com/en/contact-us/office-locations/
- Check out our Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wmDfmt2bNI
We offer a generous benefits package including:
Income protection insurance
Death in service insurance
- Critical illness cover, plus optional Health and Dental care.
- Competitive salary, bonus scheme
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programs including virtual GP service, helplines and access to counselling
- 25 days holiday plus a day for your birthday, and Bank Holidays
- 3D printers for development and personal usage
- International working experience: We work with teams in Estonia, UK, USA and Israel. A collaborative approach is encouraged.
- Highly skilled developers (Learn, contribute and grow)
Why you'll love it here...
- Get to know the latest and future 3D printing solutions
- Participate in work-related conferences and trade shows
- Change the world by enabling innovative applications for 3D printing
- Continuous Integration - TeamCity, Chef, Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins
- Scrum - JIRA, Google Docs, Metabase, integrated QA
- Friendly and inspiring environment
- Relaxed informal open plan office, in Cambridge city centre
- Fun quarterly team events and social get togethers. Wednesday deliveroo in the office and Friday pub lunch!
- Free tea, coffee, drinks, snacks and fruit, plus Beer Fridays
Testimonials from the team:
“I find it thrilling to work here! It is like working at an agile startup while being a stable corporate company. The people are both professional and friendly at the same time.”
Yasin – Software Engineer, Estonia
“In my experience, companies always flaunt a focus on employee culture and satisfaction. It did not take me long to realise they actually put their money where their mouth is. The company have been extremely proactive ensuring I have a comfortable and pleasant experience, and everyone is a joy to work with.”
Graham- Senior Software Engineer, UK