Senior Mechanical Engineer
Stratasys is a world leader in 3D printing!
Stratasys is leading the global shift to additive manufacturing with innovative 3D printing solutions for industries such as aerospace, automotive, consumer products and healthcare. Through smart and connected 3D printers, polymer materials, a software ecosystem, and parts on demand, Stratasys solutions deliver competitive advantages at every stage in the product value chain. The world’s leading organizations turn to Stratasys to transform product design, bring agility to manufacturing and supply chains, and improve patient care.
In this role you will be deeply involved in the mechanical design of 3D printers, maturing designs from prototype to product.
Focus will be on industrial level robustness, making all aspects of the design ready for manufacturing, assembly, and service.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be part of an experienced mechanical team, whose responsibility it is to develop and design the next version of our 3D printing systems, prepare manufacturing documentation, ensuring a smooth handover to validation and engineering
What you will be doing:
- Design mechanical and electromechanical systems
- Robust designs and solutions to meet reliability targets
- Evaluate and design for various manufacturing methods
- Challenge existing solutions and simplify designs
- Brainstorm and design reviews, throughout development phase, contributing to the whole teams combined level of maturity of design and documentation
- As a CAD super user, independently and in teams, design and create production documentation
- You will work closely with software and hardware engineers in Stratasys Copenhagen to design a reliable machine and a seamless user experience
- Developing project specifications with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
- Recommending modifications following verification test results
- Set and meet own deadlines, but never compromise on quality
Must have for this role:
- BSc or MSc mechanical engineering and a minimum of 5 years work experience
- CAD super user
- Design and development of complex products involving precision custom mechanical components and the integration of electronics and/or fluidics
- Completion of at least one complete product development cycle, from concept through full design and development to successful market introduction and customer support
- Manufacturing methods for both rapid prototyping and mass production
- Experience with DFM, DFA, DFS, DFX
Working as part of an international company, you will need to be fluent in written and spoken technical English.
Nice to have:
- Experience with 3D printing development
- Electronics design competencies
Travel required: 5%
What you will be part of:
- Company Overview - https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/history/
- Our Culture and Values - https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/culture/
- Our Sustainability “3D Printing a Better Tomorrow” - https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/sustainability/
- Our Locations - https://www.stratasys.com/en/contact-us/office-locations/
- Check out our Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wmDfmt2bNI
You will be a part of a fascinating and flexible international environment working together with many specialists in different areas e.g. electronics, mechanical, manufacturing etc. The growing team in Copenhagen offer the dynamics of a start-up, including fast decisions, fun and enthusiasm and close relation to management. We also offer modern flexible working conditions, a great lunch arrangement, and a dynamic and international working culture.
Being part of the Copenhagen team of 34 colleagues, you will also become part of the global Stratasys which can offer lots of career opportunities, being a world-wide organization with approx. 2,000 employees world-wide