Software Engineer – 3D Printing
Stratasys is a world leader in 3D printing!
Stratasys is leading the global shift to additive manufacturing with innovative 3D printing solutions for industries such as aerospace, automotive, consumer products and healthcare. Through smart and connected 3D printers, polymer materials, a software ecosystem, and parts on demand. Stratasys solutions deliver competitive advantages at every stage in the product value chain. The world’s leading organisations turn to Stratasys to transform product design, bring agility to manufacturing and supply chains, and improve patient care.
What we need:
Stratasys are seeking a Software Engineer to join the Stereolithography R&D team who are based in Aylesbury, UK. We support hybrid working but you will need to live in a commutable distance to the office. This exciting role will contribute to the design and function of current and next generation products. This is a hands-on role for a motivated individual who genuinely thrives in a dynamic and forward-thinking environment. It will provide a stimulating and unique opportunity for the right candidate. If you’re good, passionate and love to build great products then read on. Exact job descriptions never fit the bill 100% - if you’re good, we want you and come and be part of Stratasys, a pioneer in 3D printing.
In this role:
This role will be working on software to control and support the 3D printer. This involves both Windows application programming and hardware control – including through a Beckhoff PLC. It also involves integrating with other components and systems.
As part of a small team, you will be expected to become familiar with the existing software and to be a major contributor to the design and development in our plans for the product.
What you will be doing:
- Undertake development tasks through all stages – gathering requirements, designing, implementing, and following integration on the 3D printers themselves.
- Help support and maintain the existing printer control software and its associated tools.
- Help achieve an efficient and maintainable product by developing and testing well-documented code that meets requirements and maintains a low defect level.
- Innovate, recommend, and drive product improvement through new feature ideas, software architecture, and 3rd party integration.
- Collaborate with the team to create specifications, user stories, and work estimates.
- Further the work of the team by assuming joint responsibility with others and by effective communication and coordination. Take initiative by accepting responsibility above and beyond assigned tasks and by promoting new ideas.
- Participate actively in and seek out various educational and training opportunities to maintain up-to-date technical expertise.
- Innovate, recommend, and drive process and tool improvement.
- Demonstrate commitment to Stratasys Core Values by leading, acting, and behaving in a manner consistent with these values.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures and attend all safety training related to the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have for this role:
Education & Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or other engineering or science.
- Minimum of 3-5 years applicable experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Professional experience using C#, WPF and .Net Framework.
- Be comfortable with all aspects of the full development lifecycle.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for successful collaboration with a distributed team.
- Capability to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies.
- High attention to detail.
- Inquisitive and natural desire to learn.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Task ownership.
- Demonstrate initiative with a flexible and adaptive approach.
- Considered and organised approach to tasks, methodical and diligent.
- Competent and accurate record keeping and filing.
- Exceptional team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle several ongoing projects and prioritise and organise own workload.
- Capability to work autonomously and make considered decisions.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both internal and external contacts
- Ability to present information clearly and appropriately for the audience
- Ability to clearly present analytical data and results
- PLC programming experience, ideally Beckhoff.
- Experience in working with and manipulating 2D/3D graphics.
- Experience of integrating devices into the IoT world.
- Active interest in polymer 3D printing and materials
- Experience in Stereolithography, DLP, or other photopolymer 3D Printing technologies
Travel required: 5%. No essential travel.
What you will be part of:
- A development team committed to producing world-changing products.
- Company Overview https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/history/
- Our Culture and Values https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/culture/
- Our Sustainability “3D Printing a Better Tomorrow” https://www.stratasys.com/en/about-us/sustainability/
- Check out our Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wmDfmt2bNI
We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Income protection,
- Death in service
- Critical illness cover, plus optional Health, and Dental care.
- Competitive salary, bonus scheme
- Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Employee Assistance Programmes including virtual GP service, helplines, and access to counselling
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. An additional day for your birthday.
- International working experience. We work with teams in UK, Israel, EMEA and USA. A collaborative approach is encouraged.
- Highly skilled engineering team.
- Highly skilled developers - Learn, contribute, and grow