Senior Data Analyst
Our mission at Mighty Networks is to usher in a new era of creative business built on community. Our SaaS platform serves brands and creators "with a purpose” selling community, content, online courses, and subscription commerce that get more valuable to every member with each new person who joins. Every Mighty Network offers these important features all in one place, under the creator’s brand, and instantly available on web and native mobile apps.
We are hiring a Senior Data Analyst to own our internal analytics and to define key performance indicators for Mighty Networks. This role will work cross-functionally with the Sales, Marketing, Product, and Finance teams to deliver key insights and understand customer activity. The Senior Data Analyst will have the opportunity to partner directly with the executive team on projects to impact the growth of our business.
Our ideal candidate should be able to work independently to set up and ensure data accuracy in experiments and instrumentation, as well as be comfortable using the latest tools and technologies. To not only be able to utilize our rapidly growing data warehouse, but to generate new visualizations and reports via Looker that are instantly valuable and drive key business decisions.
Specific Dynamics of the Role
- Act as the lead for the Business Intelligence team in data architecture and analyses.
- Develop, implement, and maintain leading-edge analytic systems, building frameworks for understanding the impact of experiments and analysis of existing behavior across Mighty Networks.
- Create systems for building, monitoring, and improving data pipelines to allow for more clear and accurate communication around business results and trends.
- Identify trends and opportunities for growth through analysis of data and experiments.
- Create best-practice reports based on data mining, analysis, and visualization via Looker.
- Evaluate internal systems for efficiency, problems, and inaccuracies, developing and maintaining protocols for handling, processing, and cleaning data.
- Work directly with management and Mighty Networks’ Hosts to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build relationships around analytics.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Work closely with sales, marketing, and product teams to understand and maintain focus on their analytical needs. This includes identifying critical metrics and KPIs as well as delivering actionable insights to relevant decision-makers.
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productivity.
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis that integrates various reporting components from multiple data sources.
- Utilize methods and tools within our technology stack to ensure optimal performance and scalability.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of post-collegiate experience with data modeling, segmentation techniques, and statistical analysis, preferably in SaaS, consumer, or gaming subscription businesses.
- Proven success in a collaborative, team-oriented environment along with the ability to work independently in extracting data and setting up visualizations and reports.
- Proven analytical skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or Statistics.
- Programming experience with SQL is required and data visualization with Looker is preferred for this role.
- Proficient with R, Python, and/or SAS statistical packages.