Red Ventures is seeking a Contracts Paralegal to join our legal team – the Charlotte Business Journal’s Outstanding Large Company Legal Department Winner for 2023! We earned this distinction by surpassing expectations typically associated with a department of our size and aim to leverage technology to increase productivity in a responsible and cost-effective manner moving forward.
This person will play a pivotal role in vendor contract administration (utilizing Redlaw, our CLM tool powered by Onit) and partner with counsel to draft, review, redline, and negotiate vendor contracts. An eagerness to prudently leverage technology (including contract review and analysis AI tools) to maximize efficiency will be key to the selectee’s success. In addition, you will be responsible for supporting one or more digital advertising business(es).
Some Other Things You Might Do:
- Partner with internal business and sales teams to draft, review, edit, analyze, negotiate, route for signature and administer client contracts
- Perform legal and regulatory research, and provide guidance at the direction of counsel
- Collaborate with attorneys and internal business clients in the drafting, maintenance, and implementation of form agreements and contract playbooks
- Provide general legal support related to a wide range of other legal matters including litigation, intellectual property, employment law, corporate governance and M&A
- Generate form letters such as termination letters and takedown notices
- Support the corporate governance function
What We're Looking For:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree required; paralegal certificate preferred
- At least five years of paralegal experience preferred, but well-qualified candidates with less experience will be considered
- Prior in-house experience is a plus
- At least three years experience drafting, reviewing, redlining, and negotiating vendor contracts
- Knowledge of digital marketing, consulting, and/or services industries is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to drive results in a team setting
- Willingness to take on novel projects, learn new areas of law, and work independently or in teams
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple stakeholders and identify efficiency opportunities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills and adaptability to new technology
- Professional judgment, attitude, and a sense of humor
- Analytical skills to assess and improve processes and systems
- Ability to conduct legal and regulatory research
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with internal business and sales teams, including senior leaders as appropriate
- Strong ability to balance workload and prioritize duties
- Cash Compensation Range: $70,000 - $130,000.
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.