Propel: Data Science Associate
Are you looking to join a fast-paced team at the forefront of the technology services industry? Propel is a high-growth technology services firm based in San Juan, PR. The company seeks to capitalize on the booming Big Data and AI markets by helping enterprise clients optimize and secure their data infrastructure and turn data into a strategic advantage through next-gen analytics and AI tools. The company has an aggressive growth strategy, looking to expand across various industries within the United States. Propel is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional talent by offering a unique opportunity for growth for suitable candidates.
Data Science Associate
As a Data Science Associate, your role will encompass a diverse range of responsibilities. You will collect, clean, and analyze large volumes of data. Utilizing statistical techniques, machine learning algorithms, and predictive modeling, you will extract valuable insights and patterns from the data to support business decision-making. As a Data Science Associate, your contributions will play a vital role in shaping business strategies and driving innovation within the organization and our clients.
- Use advanced machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization techniques to build real-world solutions for online and offline decision-making.
- Autonomously own data science client projects from start to finish with limited guidance
- Develop and implement data-driven solutions for clients, create visualizations to communicate findings, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to address client needs.
- Collect and mine data from disparate data sources, digging deeper to understand the process behind the data.
- Communicate effectively with business leaders and clients on project status, timeline and technical results.
- Translate business opportunities into data science problems, clearly defining project scope + performance metrics to measure success.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of data science methodologies, staying up-to-date with industry trends and best practices.
- We’re tight-knit, fast-paced and even faster-growing teams working with a large amount of complex data. In this role, you’ll identify new growth opportunities, build powerful visualizations and unearth actionable insights.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish with excellent communication skills.
- Proactive, positive attitude, well-organized, and adept at managing competing deadlines and priorities.
- Highly motivated, strong desire to learn and grow with the company, and possess a positive, energetic attitude.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and changing environment, wanting to learn new skills.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with clients and team members.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- A passion for learning and staying updated with the latest technologies and industry trends.
- Some experience solving complex problems through the use of predictive modeling.
- Experience in querying and processing data from complex relational databases.
- Training and knowledge in machine learning, statistical modeling and/or optimization.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data into actionable insights and communicate recommendations to clients and leadership.
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis.
- Pattern recognition and predictive modeling is a plus
- Experience with Excel, SQL, and programming languages (ex: Java/Python, SAS)
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, research-oriented group that has several concurrent projects
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off and 401(k) plan.
Propel is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.