Credit Cards Editor | The Points Guy
Red Ventures is looking for an editor who will be responsible for supporting credit cards content on ThePointsGuy.com. This editor will be responsible for editing and publishing new and evergreen content on the site by coordinating with team members across the organization to prioritize efforts that will most directly impact key business initiatives.
In addition to helping with editing responsibilities, the editor may be tasked with writing assignments or other related projects to drive revenue on both the credit cards and points & miles sides of the editorial team. A wide-ranging interest in travel and experience with credit cards and personal finance combined with a quick yet detailed-oriented eye for editing are all extremely important.
Working closely with editorial leaders, SEO team members and various stakeholders across the organization, this person will help identify gaps and opportunities in TPG’s portfolio of content to develop high-quality, engaging content with a quick turnaround.
What You'll Do:
- Pitch, write, and edit credit card-related stories and other content across TPG’s platforms.
- Produce high-quality, well-researched content at a fast pace.
- Stay up to date on industry news and trends to detect content opportunities.
- Identify ways to optimize our processes for the benefit of the department.
- Identify content needs, gaps and pain points—for both our audience and our internal strategy.
- Update existing content (guides, comparisons, news, etc.) for timeliness and accuracy
- Edit internally and externally produced content in line with AP style and brand voice and tone.
- Check story drafts for errors, typos, and linking opportunities.
- Write, upload, and maintain stories on TPG’s content management system (WordPress).
- Work closely with SEO, marketing analysts, and senior editorial team members to execute on strategies to maximize content coverage and organic revenue.
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years writing/editing experience, ideally with an emphasis on travel, credit cards, and/or personal finance content creation/execution.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Experience with Google Analytics, AHREFS, Semrush, or other data-inquiry tools.
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities while keeping up with fast-paced content production processes.
- Experience meeting tight deadlines while working independently to manage multiple publishing projects.
- Ability to collaborate with editors, designers, engineers, project managers, and web development teams.
- Passion for content creation with a track record of ideating and executing on innovative approaches to deliver on strategic goals.
- Ability to translate complicated rewards structures into simple language with clear, actionable steps to meet the needs of experts and beginners alike.
- Baseline knowledge of various airline, hotel and credit card loyalty programs.
- An overwhelming desire to HAVE FUN while educating and informing TPG’s audience about all things points and miles.
- Familiarity with AP style and using content style guides.
- Familiarity with HTML and SEO best practices a plus.
- Previous management experience a plus.
Even if you don’t meet all of the above requirements, we still want to hear from you!
- Cash Compensation Range: $70,000-$102,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.