Propel: Associate Software Engineer
Are you looking to join a fast-paced team at the forefront of the tech services industry? Propel is a high-growth technology services firm based in San Juan, PR. The company seeks to capitalize on the booming Big Data and AI markets by helping enterprise clients optimize and secure their data infrastructure and turn data into a strategic advantage through next-gen analytics and AI tools. The company has an aggressive growth strategy, looking to expand across various industries within the United States. Propel is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional talent by offering a unique opportunity for growth for suitable candidates.
Associate Software Engineer
As an Associate Software Engineer, you will be working closely with a talented team of engineers and product managers to develop and maintain high-quality data solutions for our clients. Additionally, you will be challenged to continuously learn and stay updated with emerging technologies, applying them to enhance the efficiency and functionality of our solutions.
- Assisting in the design, development, and implementation of data solutions to meet client requirements.
- Conceptualize, develop and deploy data extraction procedures working collaboratively with clients
- Participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, analysis, coding, testing, and deployment.
- Collaborating with clients to understand their business needs and data requirements, translating them into technical specifications, and ensuring successful delivery of software solutions.
- Writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code following industry best practices and coding standards.
- Conducting thorough testing and debugging of software applications to ensure high quality and reliability.
- Staying up-to-date with emerging technologies, trends, and industry developments to continuously improve skills and knowledge.
- Assisting in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues and providing support to clients as required.
- Documenting software designs, functionalities, and processes for future reference and knowledge sharing.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 1-2 years of experience
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish with excellent communication skills.
- Proactive, positive attitude, well-organized, and adept at managing competing deadlines and priorities.
- Highly motivated, strong desire to learn and grow with the company, and possess a positive, energetic attitude.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and changing environment, wanting to learn new skills.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with clients and team members.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- A passion for learning and staying updated with the latest technologies and industry trends.
- Strong understanding of software development principles, algorithms, and data structures.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g., Java, C++, Python, etc.) and familiarity with other languages.
- Experience with software development methodologies such as Agile or Scrum.
- Experience with AWS tools or any other Cloud Service Platform
- Familiarity with databases, SQL, and database management systems.
Join our company and be part of a dynamic team that delivers cutting-edge software solutions to our valued clients. Apply now to embark on an exciting journey as an Associate Software Engineer, contributing to the success of our clients and making an impact in the world of technology.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off and 401(k) plan.
Propel is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Propel is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.