2024 Launch Program: Data Analyst Intern
Skip the “entry-level grunt-work,” and start making a real impact on Day 1. As part of the Red Ventures Launch program internship, you’ll find unparalleled opportunities to gain exposure to the role and learn what it’s like to work at RV over the 10-week summer internship period with the goal of getting a full-time return offer for the following summer.
You’ll start with a large cohort of interns who will be your community as you navigate the RV internship environment together. You will experience in-depth onboarding and extended training to help you learn the ropes, accelerate your growth, and further hone your skills. After getting ramped up, you will join your assigned RV team, meet your manager and mentor, and gain hands-on industry experience to invest in your career growth. Interns will also get the chance to get to know the Charlotte area and the RV culture through engagement events and social impact opportunities.
The Launch Program internship is NOT a chance to sit on the sidelines to learn how we do things. It’s your chance to dive in headfirst and take advantage of a 10-week vision into the work we do, learn from our top mentors, and get a jump start into your Red Ventures career while still in school.
What You’ll Do:
- As a Data Analyst Intern, you will bridge the gap between our vast data landscape and impactful business solutions. Your focus will not just be on the technical side, but also on the application of your solutions in a real business context.
- Collaborate closely with our cross-functional teams – business, product, and technology - to understand the challenges they face, identify opportunities for data-driven improvement, and deploy machine learning and advanced-analytics solutions.
- Translate complex business problems into clear, measurable projects. You'll see the big picture but also dive into details to uncover new opportunities for growth and optimization.
- Leverage machine learning algorithms and data processing tools to manipulate large datasets to create data-based solutions. You won't just build models and products; you'll also interpret and explain outputs to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ensure your outputs are integrated into our products and processes, assisting adoption and being accountable to the business value creation.
- Analyze the impact of your data products, experiments, and/or deployments, synthesizing and presenting your findings in a way that clearly communicates the impact.
- You'll be expected to stay close to the cutting edge in places like deep learning and generative AI to identify how emerging technology can be deployed to solve business problems in ways we haven’t imagined before.
What We're Looking For:
- Graduating Summer 2025 with a relevant undergraduate degree such as math, statistics, computer science, or systems engineering
- Internship start date in our Summer 2024 cohort
- Ability to collect, mine, and manipulate data from disparate data sources, with a willingness to dig deeper and understand the process that creates data
- Demonstrated ability to drive decisions and behavior changes through analytical capabilities and data-driven solutions, and the ability to measure and analyze the impact of these solutions
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex data into actionable insights, and effectively communicate these insights and recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Knowledge of machine learning, statistical modeling, and optimization, with hands-on experience working directly or indirectly on a related problem (e.g., Python or R).
- Foundational analytics toolkit - data extraction, manipulation, and visualizations (e.g., SQL, Pandas, Tableau, ggplot)
- Entrepreneurial mindset with strong business acumen and capability of coming up with creative ideas to create value for consumers and businesses
- Scrappy, tenacious, and self-motivated
- BUT - also a team player with no ego, a competitive spirit, and great sense of humor
- Passionate about working in a dynamic, fast-paced, performance-driven environment
Compensation and Work Perks:
- Cash Compensation Range: $2,884.00 per bi-weekly pay period
- Subsidized meals at our onsite cafe, smoothie bars and coffee bars (aka $5 for a made-to-order salad, sandwich, pizza, or sushi, or $2 for a delicious smoothie or latte)
- Free onsite fitness classes, premier wellness center, spin studio, basketball court, and yoga studio
- Casual dress code – yes, that means jeans!
Who We Are:
Red Ventures is a global, multi-faceted company with a start-up mentality. Founded in 2000 with a focus on establishing strategic partnerships with Fortunate 500 companies, we grew rapidly within those first 10 years, quickly becoming a unicorn by utilizing our proprietary technologies to win in the digital marketing space. In 2015, we entered the age of acquisitions and began growing our own portfolio of owned and operated businesses. Over the subsequent years we diversified the types of industries we worked in and now work with over 100 brands.
Every day, we help millions of people discover pertinent information that helps them make some of life’s biggest decisions, from their health to their home to their finances, among the plethora of industries in which we operate. Whether you work with a brand you know or a brand you’ve never heard of, you’ll know that your work is being seen and making a difference.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.