National Account Manager | Lonely Planet
The Sales & Marketing Manager, Trade (Americas) is responsible for the delivery of English language print and eBook sales, trade marketing initiatives and consumer-facing marketing executions across the Americas. The role is required to devise and implement strategies that develop the market position and sales of Lonely Planet printed and eBook products across this territory. The role is also responsible for the successful management of key distributor and retail relationships within this defined territory.
What You'll Do:
- Drive Lonely Planet book and eBook sales and marketing activity at our third-party distributor(s) in the USA and Canada by developing and implementing seasonal sales presentations, compelling trade marketing initiatives and above-the-line consumer marketing opportunities
- Create and achieve annual sales budgets for the Americas
- Deliver and pitch all sales and marketing presentations (including seasonal frontlist and backlist campaigns)
- Build strong, professional relationships with key retail and distribution partners and customers in the territory
- Be accountable for devising, communicating and implementing a strategic vision for the territory
- Regularly manage partner performance against agreed objectives with timely reviews
- Initiate, arrange and then brief all marketing and promotional activities (account specific, individual title or range campaigns) within the defined territory and liaise with the Marketing department to achieve brand marketing objectives. Establish more targeted use of trade marketing with emphasis on ROI.
- Set a high standard for collaboration, creativity and performance
- Be a “student of media and marketing”: Stay abreast of and share best practices, trends and new ideas from across the publishing and book retailing industries
- Successfully communicate objectives set in marketing plans and support & motivate distributors’ sales and marketing staff to achieve those objectives.
- Meet regularly with internal logistics and finance teams and discuss operational issues which need addressing to ensure the smooth running of the business.
- Use your market knowledge to contribute to publishing meetings, including title acquisition meetings and cover consultations.
- Source, co-ordinate and attend industry conferences
- Maintain strong relationships with industry publications (eg Publishers Weekly, Librarian journals etc)
What We're Looking For:
- 5-10 years in a senior sales & marketing role within the publishing industry
- Deep understanding of the publishing and book retailing industries
- Direct experience with the creation and delivery of marketing campaigns (both trade specific and consumer)
- Master of cross-functional communications, with experience interfacing with a mix of internal and external teams
- Confident public speaker who can persuasively express the opportunity and develop a narrative using data
- Comfortable working alongside senior leadership and presenting to clients
- Conversant in industry specific tools including, but not limited to, Edelweiss, ONIX
- Consultative and curious, with a learning mindset
- Well connected within the book retailing and publishing industry
- At your best in a high performance culture
- Both analytical and creative
- Passionate about travel and travel publishing
- Cash Compensation Range: $75,000-$112,500*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.