Propel Senior Software Engineer, Data
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Are you looking to join a fast-paced team at the forefront of the IT services industry? Propel is a high-growth technology services firm based in San Juan, PR. The company seeks to capitalize on the booming Big Data and AI markets by helping enterprise clients optimize and secure their data infrastructure and turn data into a strategic advantage through next-gen analytics and AI tools. The company has an aggressive growth strategy, looking to expand across various industries within the United States. Propel is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional talent by offering a unique opportunity for growth for suitable candidates.
What you’ll Do
- Work with a cross-functional team of analysts, engineers, and data scientists to formulate business and technical solutions that tackle data and engineering challenges.
- Design and build data pipelines from various data sources to our analytics platform and operational systems using batch or streaming processing.
- Conceptualizing and generating infrastructure that allows data to be accessed and analyzed effectively.
- Documenting database designs that include data models, metadata, ETL specifications and process flows for business data project integrations
- Perform periodic code reviews and test plans to ensure data quality and integrity.
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of experience in backend engineering. Experience with ETL pipelines is a plus.
- 4+ years of experience working with Python and SQL.
- 3+ years of experience in data modeling
- 2+ years of experience working on AWS or a similar cloud environment.
- 2+ years of experience in data warehousing (Redshift, BigQuery, or Snowflake)
- 2+ years of experience working with Airflow or a similar orchestration tool
- Experience with Git and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in architecting reliable and scalable data and backend systems.
- Excellent understanding of development processes and agile methodologies.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time with minimal supervision.
- A technical leader who can act as a technical mentor for more junior engineers on the team.