Propel Senior Software Engineer, Backend
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Are you looking to join a fast-paced team at the forefront of the IT services industry? Propel is a high-growth technology services firm based in San Juan, PR. The company seeks to capitalize on the booming Big Data and AI markets by helping enterprise clients optimize and secure their data infrastructure and turn data into a strategic advantage through next-gen analytics and AI tools. The company has an aggressive growth strategy, looking to expand across various industries within the United States. Propel is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional talent by offering a unique opportunity for growth for suitable candidates.
What you’ll Do
- Design, modify, implement, and test software to support multiple business lines.
- Take ownership and responsibility for the team’s goals and be a good steward of our systems and customers.
- Architect and implement APIs using cutting-edge technology solutions.
- Collaborate with all members of our cross-functional team to deliver a quality product.
- Perform periodic code reviews and test plans to ensure quality.
- Work with third-party APIs and partners.
What We’re Looking For
- At least 5 years of development experience.
- Experience developing and supporting APIs in production environments.
- Experience with API paradigms such as REST, GraphQL, Webhooks, Event-driven architectures.
- Development experience in Typescript, Python, Java, or similar.
- Development experience in a relational database system e.g., Postgres, MySQL, or similar.
- Experience writing testable code that performs and scales.
- Working knowledge of solutions architecture on modern cloud platforms e.g., AWS / Azure / GCP.
- Experience working with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Lead key team initiatives from start to finish by managing and improving the entire software development life cycle.
- Ability to develop team members through indirect mentoring.