Strategy and Operations Manager
Fieldguide builds enterprise automation and collaboration software that powers leading assurance and advisory firms. Our customers include top-100 CPA firms, who trust Fieldguide to deliver efficient compliance and financial audits for leading companies. By digitizing and automating the end-to-end engagement workflow, we are enabling firms to add differentiated value to their clients.
Our platform augments practitioner expertise with a flexible workflow automation engine across a variety of trust and transparency services, such as cyber and information security standards like SOC 2, NIST CSF, and ISO 27001, in addition to regulatory standards like SOX404 and PCI DSS, on a single, cloud-native platform.
As a Strategy & Operations Manager, you will partner closely with our CEO to operate Fieldguide with stage-appropriate processes, technology, and people. You will ensure that all trains leave on time or faster, so that the organization as a whole exceeds goals. By directly driving the company’s operating cadence with the founders, this amazing person will gain tremendous operating experience at one of the next great enterprise software companies.
You will love Fieldguide if you are hungry to hone your startup operator skill set at a fast-growing software company. We’re looking for someone who gets excited about building, iterating, and operating playbooks across a variety of functions (many hats). Key requirements include abilities to thrive in ambiguous situations and execute with conviction.
What you’ll do and why
Strategy & Finance
- Collaborate with CFO to maintain operating model and strategic finance initiatives. Inform strategic decisions and goal-setting. Track KPIs and perform ad-hoc analyses.
- Structure and perform ad hoc strategic analyses that inform key go-to-market and operating decisions.
- Manage bookkeeper and monthly close process; provide feedback on financials. Understand monthly budget to actuals and advise leadership on cash burn strategies.
- Partner with founders to prepare high-impact communications to investors and allies.
- Manage general and administrative functions (wear many hats).
- Design and operate stage-appropriate processes to help the entire company execute and collaborate with minimal overhead.
- Identify points of friction across the business and drive solutions that increase operating efficiency, accelerate revenue, or improve customer experience.
Sales & Marketing
- Own outbound business development efforts. Work with our CEO to identify and source net new leads. Drive sales cycle efficiency, all the way through to signed agreement.
- Identify and implement 100x solutions that help us exceed goals and execute faster.
- Support marketing projects across social media, advertisements, content, and more.
Who we’re looking for
- **Mission-first. **You’re joining a hard-working team that trusts each other deeply. We won’t compromise on this.
- **Intrinsically motivated. **Joining an early-stage startup requires a unique set of motivations and values. For some, this high-ownership experience is perfect.
- Strong analytical ability to structure ambiguous problems and recommend stage-appropriate solutions.
- **Outstanding time management and organizational skills. **Ideally, you have previously flourished in a fast-paced startup environment.
- 3-5 years of experience at top-tier organizations in business operations, management consulting, corporate strategy/strategic finance, or investment banking roles.
- **Startup operating experience. **You have experience creating scalable systems and automating routine processes.
- Nuanced understanding of enterprise software businesses, or a deep curiosity and ability to learn quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence execution cross-functionally.
Fieldguide is establishing the State of Trust for global commerce. We aim to make security and compliance a business enabler for every organization. Through our network of the market’s best professionals, all powered by Fieldguide, companies are able to establish customer trust like never before.
We’re based in San Francisco, CA, but built as a remote-first company that enables you to do your best work from anywhere. We're backed by top investors including Y Combinator, Floodgate, 8VC, and many more.
At Fieldguide, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company that celebrates individuals of all backgrounds. We’re an equal opportunity employer and encourage all applicants.