Senior Actuary - Medical Economics & VBC
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
We don't just provide health insurance—we deliver the kind of healthcare that people deserve. The Actuarial team at Clover is made up of collaborative and strategic thinkers that are excited about the impact technology can have on healthcare. We're looking for Actuaries who are interested in taking the actuarial discipline into the new era.
We're looking for a Senior Actuary who is interested in enhancing Clover’s ability to make smart and data-driven business decisions to join our team. In this role, you will focus on providing Clover decision makers with business relevant trend analysis, experience modeling and financial forecasts, pricing results, and value-based care program development and evaluation..
As a Senior Actuary, you will:
- Support the development and performance of both internal and external value-based contracts; areas of focus may include risk stratification, program attribution, methodology development and validation, financial performance tracking or communication to key stakeholders.
- Support the analysis, monitoring, and communication of medical expense trends through development of medical cost trend drivers including unit cost, utilization, mix of services, benefits, and demographics.
- Perform and communicate benchmarking analysis using Milliman MedInsights.
- Lead a variety of actuarial and statistical analyses to estimate financial outcomes.
- Create actuarial work products that are relevant and informative in a manner that is meaningful to leadership and partnering teams. Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business needs and develop solutions.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about actuarial science and want to take your experience to the next level.
- You dream about ways to make the healthcare system more efficient and are excited about the prospect of leveraging data science techniques to do so.
- You are analytical and strategic and love working in a collaborative, transparent, flexible, and cross-functional work environment.
- You want to make an impact. From project scope to priority to implementation, you'll have an impact on how decisions get made.
You should get in touch if:
- You are an Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (preferred).
- You have significant and varied experience working with medical cost utilization data, including at least 5 years of value-based care experience (preferred). Experience with Medicare population is preferred but not required.
- You have an interest in building automated tools around actuarial analysis.
- You have experience in Insurance Reserving or Risk Adjustment (preferred).
- You have coding skills. Examples include SAS, VBA, SQL, Python, and R (preferred).