Senior UX Designer
At Clover Health, we are transforming healthcare and improving patient care with our innovative primary care tool, Clover Assistant. By supporting Primary Care Physicians (PCPs), we are able to deliver improved outcomes to our patients at a lower cost through early diagnosis and longitudinal care management of chronic conditions.
Our UX designers thrive on solving hard problems. We foster a culture of design by inviting cross-functional teams into our process to understand our users' pain points, generate different solutions, and test our ideas. We are currently only considering candidates who reside in the US and Canada.
Our team delivers products and experiences by combining personal care and modern technology to give people the healthcare they deserve. We work closely to define emerging patterns, interactions, and visual systems from the ground up to solve problems that haven’t been solved yet, such as near real-time collaboration with providers on member care. It’s an opportunity to not only design better healthcare software, but to design a whole new way to work.
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our team. Ideally, you have experience shipping multiple products across large initiatives and have a strong grasp on design fundamentals. You are passionate about raising the design bar by thoroughly understanding business goals to challenge the current approach, design, and thinking when appropriate. You can adeptly balance business goals while creating the best solution for our broad range of users. If you are driven by growing as a leader and doer in design, while making an impact on healthcare, we would love to hear from you.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will:
- Lead by doing and partner with product managers, engineers, and our clinical team to generate diverse solutions to complex problems.
- Set the agenda and drive meetings, co-lead the project team alongside your PM, and collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization.
- Autonomously and effectively prioritize focus across multiple work streams.
- Communicate insights, strategic direction and priorities independently.
- Articulate the tradeoffs and positioning within business, technical and customer contexts.
- Consistently deliver insights and solutions that directly contribute to your product area and the company OKRs.
- Contribute to product strategy.
- Invent new ways of thinking that promote innovation.
- Mentor and develop the skills of more junior designers.
- Own specific aspects of team ops work.
You will love this job if:
- You have a genuine passion for what design and technology can do to help people.
- You are autonomous and take pride in leading cross-functional partners toward the best outcome.
- You are a systems-thinker that can logically visualize complex systems and user interaction flows.
- You are an empathetic user advocate that values designing with research and data analysis.
- You are a problem solver that gets excited by big, complicated problems.
- You are a collaborator that can make and communicate design decisions with non-designers.
- You are an influencer who has strong ideas, but you don’t hold them precious, and iterate them quickly based on feedback and data.
You should get in touch if:
- You have roughly 5+ years design experience in a design environment, in-house, agency or other relevant industry.
- You have experience leading design projects using design-thinking methods to evaluate the problem space and develop novel approaches to solve them with cross-functional partners.
- You are an expert in one of UX team’s core skills/strong in two others/capable in one (core skills: research/strategy, system design, interaction design, visual design).
- You have a portfolio that showcases your experience across interaction and visual design.
- You are knowledgeable in user-centered design best practices for web and mobile experiences.
- You have experience working on complex systems and applications.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.