Payroll and Compensation Specialist
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the role
This role will provide you with an expanding set of responsibilities and more in a high growth and fast-paced environment. As a Payroll and Compensation Specialist, you will play a substantial role in building our leveling infrastructure from the ground up. Your role ensures that our employees are compensated fairly and timely. You will manage and execute payroll operations and help design competitive and equitable compensation structures.
At Applied, you will:
- Oversee the end-to-end payroll process, ensuring timely and accurate payment to all employees
- Collaborate with People and Finance teams to ensure proper deductions, benefits, and other payroll considerations
- Implement a leveling system collaborating closely with company Founders, Head of People, Head of Finance, and external consultants
- Conduct periodic audits to ensure accuracy and compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
- Support compensation benchmarking exercises and participate in relevant compliance salary surveys
- Address employee inquiries related to payroll and compensation
- Stay updated with industry trends, tax regulations, and best practices
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, HR, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in payroll and compensation
- Hands-on experience implementing job leveling frameworks in organizations
- Proven experience in payroll processing and compensation management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Nice to have:
- Experience using Rippling and Carta
- Fluency in global compensation practices and regulations
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.