Contracts and Operations Manager
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Los Angeles, Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the role
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our Legal team and fill a uniquely strategic role with a mix of both internal and external-facing responsibilities. This role has two main parts: 1) prepare, negotiate, and drive commercial and procurement contracts; and 2) manage key processes that are critical to the legal department function including contracts management, KPI measurement and benchmarking, and leading the iterative improvement of key legal processes and enabling technologies.
This position will report to our Head of Legal and work with teams across the company to enable the efficient and effective delivery of legal and compliance services to our business partners.
At Applied, you will:
- Negotiate and draft various contracts with vendors and customers
- Manage the contract administration lifecycle, including responding to and tracking inbound requests
- Support access to department institutional knowledge through the preparation and maintenance of key templates, playbooks, policies, and other knowledge materials
- Track and report on department metrics to inform decision-making
- Developing strategies and scalable solutions, then lead those strategies to continually improve team performance and allow us to better serve our internal clients
- Advise and train users in the use of Legal processes and information systems
- Take on other duties that come up as part of a small legal team in a high growth start-up
We're looking for someone who has:
- Minimum of 4 years prior in house work experience as a contracts manager, contracts administrator, legal operations or similar role with direct experience in, and responsibility for, managing and negotiating contracts.
- Experience using contract lifecycle management systems and other legal ops software.
- Demonstrable experience developing and implementing processes to improve the Legal function.
- Strong organizational, time and project management skills and both the ability and flexibility to handle high volume and balance competing demands
- Maniacal obsession for organization, attention to detail, and driving open matters to closure
- Willingness to take on any task big or small to get the job done
- Good judgment and a high level of professional integrity and discretion, tact and ability to maintain confidentiality
Nice to have:
- Prior experience working in high-growth companies
- Project management experience sourcing and implementing legal team technology solutions (e.g., contract management, security tools, etc.)
The salary range for this position is $65,000 USD to $400,000 USD annually. This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.
Something looks off?