Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe.
Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Los Angeles, Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster.
About the role
- Help monitor and identify Defense-related solicitations (e.g., RWP, RFI, RFQ) of interest to the Defense Business Development Team, including maintaining continuous monitoring of all Defense-related current and future solicitations provided by both open-source internet portals and the Defense business development team
- Write compliant and compelling responses to Government Requests for White Papers, Information, Quotes, and Proposals
- This includes executing and improving a proposal process that will require continuous iteration with key stakeholders. You will write technical and programmatic narratives with cross-functional teams including engineers, product, business development while ensuring deliverables and submission deadlines are met during the response and contracting process.
- Translate technical ideas and vocabulary into compelling responses to the Government, including various written documents and materials
- Demonstrate extraordinary attention to detail and enjoyment in managing proposal processes end-to-end to deliver compliant and timely submissions
- Create and curate a content library of Defense-related language, information briefs, and graphics for use across the Defense business
We're looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of experience in end-to-end proposal writing and management (including RFIs, RFPs, RFQs, etc.) spanning all aspects of the acquisition lifecycle related to the Department of Defense
- In-depth knowledge of DoD procurement and the DFAR
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to effectively execute complex proposal responses
- A passion for building a deep understanding of autonomous systems applications for National Security and Defense
Nice to have:
- Experience with Autonomy, Automation, or Artificial Intelligence technologies and their applications to National Security and Defense
- Bachelors and/or Masters in a technical field
Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.
Applied Intuition is an equal opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor. Consequently, the parties agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and that these laws are incorporated herein by reference. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans
or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. These regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The parties also agree that, as applicable, they will abide by the requirements of Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A), relating to the notice of employee rights under federal labor laws.
Something looks off?